The Student Room Group

How to revise a whole GCSE course in a day?

I have my food tech exam on Tuesday so I only have one day to revise left, however I've barely touched it as I've been so much more concerned by my other subjects and now I'm rlly stressed. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to mass cover loads of content in a short period of time? Thank you
do you have a revision guide? i tend to just read that.

every exam i’ve sat the only revision i’ve done is the night before and i turned out fine, just read the revision guide until it sticks in is what i do. ik it doesn’t work for everyone but it might :smile:
Original post by user01906002
I have my food tech exam on Tuesday so I only have one day to revise left, however I've barely touched it as I've been so much more concerned by my other subjects and now I'm rlly stressed. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to mass cover loads of content in a short period of time? Thank you

I would say that the best approach would be to complete as many past papers as you can (and also use the revision guide, like @illegallylexi said). Even use the mark scheme for the first few you do if you're unable to answer them, because once you've gone through a few, you'll get the hang of what questions they ask.

Good luck!
Reply 3
For food tech I think past papers and podcast are really good, some really good podcasts can be found on GCSE pod if you have that. I am doing that right now and it is helping so much.

good luck for tomorrow as well
(edited 10 months ago)
Try the AQA course on Seneca for Food Preparation and Nutrition it'll give an overview of everything, even if you do a different exam board, because the content is so similar between exam boards for this subject
Reply 5

Heya!

To cover a lot of content in a short period of time, prioritise key topics and focus on understanding the main concepts rather than trying to memorise every detail. Use visual aids, such as diagrams or flowcharts, to summarise information and aid in quick comprehension. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources that can help you out!

I hope this helps!
MIlena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest