The Student Room Group

Help with study at school

Hello, I am in the later stages of year 12, and I have noticed I have difficultly revising at my sixth form unlike I did in high school. I come from a super rural area, which is very quiet, calm, and where my brain seems to study the best. However, moving into sixth form, I both need to get a lot less sleep and also I honestly just cannot revise with all the noise of even just the sixth form, I have bad sensory issues which make it harder, but of course, that is just the lot I have been dealt, so I need to focus on studying more effectively up there, because I get so little time to do so at home because I get back so late (Bar the weekend, where the changes in my focus are huge), so I was wondering if anybody was in the same boat, and what you did to make your study times at school more effective?
Reply 1
noise cancelling headphones are a life saver! as someone who also struggles with sound when studying, you can get cheap headphones that dont play music from amazon for about £15, (theyre called ear defenders if you wanted to know) and they help so much, especially for noise in school, such as people talking in the library, or the printers (which would really set me off). the only problems is that they hurt to wear for long periods of time, and they can be kind of embarrassing to wear, but its not the worst if you have your hood up or smth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending