The Student Room Group

A - level Advice

Me family and I have recently moved to Uk from India, I have finished my grade 10 there (year 11 equivalent in india) and will be starting my A-levels this September. My board in India was not GCSE and hence I have no former experience with that or A levels. Ever since moving I have been trying find resources and stuff to help me get a head start on studies here but keep running into roadblocks. If anyone with previous could help me with how different studies are here than in India, or like short crash course on A-levels? And how do I manage my studies for A-levels?
I am planning on taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Reply 1
I am not Indian and have never studied in India but I can give some tips and resources for your A levels.
Physics and Maths Tutor is a great website for revision resources and past papers. - https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/

You could also look at the specification for each of your subjects for your specific subjects and try to learn the topics yourself beforehand so when you cover it in class its easier to learn and understand. It would also help you see what areas you struggle with so you can focus on those and ask your teacher if you need to.

You could also use Seneca - https://senecalearning.com/en-GB/

Good Luck!
Original post by Baymax_2602
Me family and I have recently moved to Uk from India, I have finished my grade 10 there (year 11 equivalent in india) and will be starting my A-levels this September. My board in India was not GCSE and hence I have no former experience with that or A levels. Ever since moving I have been trying find resources and stuff to help me get a head start on studies here but keep running into roadblocks. If anyone with previous could help me with how different studies are here than in India, or like short crash course on A-levels? And how do I manage my studies for A-levels?
I am planning on taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Hi. I'm starting A-levels this year too but don't have any experience with the Indian system except for hearing that it is tougher than the UK system (so you may have a slight advantage:tongue:). I would recommend searching up the specification for the A-levels you are doing which will help you understand what content you will be covering for the next 2 years (you might have even done some of this content in India). I would also suggest buying CGP books on amazon (make sure you buy the ones for the board you are doing at A-levels) and just pre-reading some of the topics just before you start sixth form which may help. Good luck for sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest