The Student Room Group

going to uni with a btech

i am taking two alevels and a level 3 btech (which my teachers say is equivalent to an level), and the career im going towards is in the arts so i'll hopefully be studying fine art or history of art in the future, so would the level 3 btech be accepted the same as an a level??
Original post by sims027
i am taking two alevels and a level 3 btech (which my teachers say is equivalent to an level), and the career im going towards is in the arts so i'll hopefully be studying fine art or history of art in the future, so would the level 3 btech be accepted the same as an a level??

A Levels are level 3 qualfiications, so are BTEC’s. UCAS accept BTEC’s in terms of grade requirements

For example, a course accepting ‘BTEC Extended Diploma DDM, including relevant Biology modules’
See: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/can-you-get-into-university-if-youre-studying-btecs
Take a close look to course entry requirements at universities
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
A Levels are level 3 qualfiications, so are BTEC’s. UCAS accept BTEC’s in terms of grade requirements

For example, a course accepting ‘BTEC Extended Diploma DDM, including relevant Biology modules’
See: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/can-you-get-into-university-if-youre-studying-btecs
Take a close look to course entry requirements at universities

thank you!!! thank you so much!! the advice and the article was very helpful and very reassuring for my subject choice, thank youuuu
Original post by sims027

Yes, I'm fairly sure. Some universities don't accept BTECs, but most do I think. I'm heading up to Durham with a level 3 BTEC in animal management with science, and that counts as 3 A-levels so they're happy to accept me. This depends on grades for some universities but BTECs are fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Louis Hazells
Yes, I'm fairly sure. Some universities don't accept BTECs, but most do I think. I'm heading up to Durham with a level 3 BTEC in animal management with science, and that counts as 3 A-levels so they're happy to accept me. This depends on grades for some universities but BTECs are fine.

okayyy, thank youu for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending