The Student Room Group

economics at oxford

Hi I am currently doing maths, econ, physics and further maths, with predicted grades A*A*AA respectively. Is this competitive enough for e&m at Oxford as I know people will be applying with 4A*s. I can maybe get physics to A* but im not sure about further maths
Reply 1
Original post by usereconomics
Hi I am currently doing maths, econ, physics and further maths, with predicted grades A*A*AA respectively. Is this competitive enough for e&m at Oxford as I know people will be applying with 4A*s. I can maybe get physics to A* but im not sure about further maths

as long as you meet the minimum requirement your grades wont matter to them - its mostly in the interview and personal statement.

the only reason it might matter is if you're not that strong a candidate who they're just about thinking of accepting in which case they might look at your grades in comparison with others. GCSEs are also another factor they take into consideration
Yes that's competitive enough. My friend last year got invited for an interview with an A*A*AA
Reply 3
Original post by wingedangel
Yes that's competitive enough. My friend last year got invited for an interview with an A*A*AA

okay thank you so much! do you have any personal statement tips lol
for Economics and Management, the entrance requirements are A*AA (with Maths at A or A*) (source: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing/economics-and-management)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending