The Student Room Group

Feel like I’ve messed up my maths paper

I have completed my alevel maths exam, the first two papers went amazing, and I think I would’ve bagged the A*
Third paper…not as much, I found the paper more difficult compared to peers and now I keep fixating about my mistakes and now I think I have failed my maths exam
Any advice or help to stop thinking about it?
Original post by Yas101101
I have completed my alevel maths exam, the first two papers went amazing, and I think I would’ve bagged the A*
Third paper…not as much, I found the paper more difficult compared to peers and now I keep fixating about my mistakes and now I think I have failed my maths exam
Any advice or help to stop thinking about it?

Hey, I had this problem with one of my a level exams too it was all I could think about before I went to sleep, it woke me up in the middle of the night and then I thought about it when I woke up AND when I revised for my other subjects, it was horrible. But I promise you after a few days it'll completely leave your head. Every time the thought came up I just had to keep reminding myself that in that moment in the exam I did my very best and that's all that matters and of course the harsh truth is that you can't go back, its over now, so there is literally no point in thinking about it. You are definitely not alone and you just have to believe that it'll be ok. You can't compare yourself to your peers because the grade boundaries will be based on the ENTIRE country and even if your peers didn't find it that difficult, that's what they THINK, you don't actually know how well they truly did... you should be proud of yourself for completing your maths a level!! even if this third paper may have messed up a little I'm sure the other two will keep your grade up. IT WILL BE OK
Reply 2
Original post by fhaksdbhkabda
Hey, I had this problem with one of my a level exams too it was all I could think about before I went to sleep, it woke me up in the middle of the night and then I thought about it when I woke up AND when I revised for my other subjects, it was horrible. But I promise you after a few days it'll completely leave your head. Every time the thought came up I just had to keep reminding myself that in that moment in the exam I did my very best and that's all that matters and of course the harsh truth is that you can't go back, its over now, so there is literally no point in thinking about it. You are definitely not alone and you just have to believe that it'll be ok. You can't compare yourself to your peers because the grade boundaries will be based on the ENTIRE country and even if your peers didn't find it that difficult, that's what they THINK, you don't actually know how well they truly did... you should be proud of yourself for completing your maths a level!! even if this third paper may have messed up a little I'm sure the other two will keep your grade up. IT WILL BE OK

Tysm :smile:
honestly the whole a level process is just really stressful, I really hope I did enough to scrape a A* if not an A is better then a B I suppose
yeah hopefully the bounds are not too high I guess my peers and the tsr thread for maths isn’t representative of the whole country

Quick Reply

Latest