The Student Room Group

A2 Maths

What should I do over the summer to be ready and confident for year two maths?
A lot of the year 2 stuff builds on year 1 so I’d just say make sure you go over everything and focus on your weakest areas from year 1
Original post by tealpencil

I’ve just done a level maths. Don’t do anything over summer….. just chill…. Trust me.

dont overcomplicate maths
If your school did not set any work over the summer, you just need to focus on the areas that you think you need to improve in.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4

What was your mock grade?

Original post by B7861
I’ve just done a level maths. Don’t do anything over summer….. just chill…. Trust me.

dont overcomplicate maths

This completely depends on the individual situation.
Reply 5
Original post by Notnek
What was your mock grade?

This completely depends on the individual situation.

I really messed up my exam, I was hoping to get an a in the end but that didn’t happen… ended up with a b :frown:
Hoping to really improve for next year ,, I would like to do maths at uni soo I’m hoping I’ll be able to get that a :smile:
Reply 6
I really messed up my exam, I was hoping to get an a in the end but that didn’t happen… ended up with a b :frown:
Hoping to really improve for next year ,, I would like to do maths at uni soo I’m hoping I’ll be able to get that a :smile:

I'd recommend first carefully going through anything that you don't understand or feel confident with and reading your textbook/watching videos before trying as many questions as you can on the topic.

Then you could try revising in the same way as you revised for your mocks and give an AS past paper a go and see what grade you get. If you're still at a B then try again.

Year 2 builds heavily on year 1 so I'd recommend aiming for an A standard before moving on to year 2, especially if you want to do maths at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest