The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Accounting Durham University

Has anyone received any offers from Durham for just Accounting? I'm thinking of applying for next year but want to find out how competitive it is. I can see from the statistics they release Accounting and Finance offers are low for UK applicants but purely Accounting seems to have a reasonable offer rate. Thanks
Accounting and Finance tend to be more popular with students - hence more diff to get into. (Secret tip: Choose accounting and then in freshers week ask to swap!)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you! Good to know!
Original post by NLondon2023
Has anyone received any offers from Durham for just Accounting? I'm thinking of applying for next year but want to find out how competitive it is. I can see from the statistics they release Accounting and Finance offers are low for UK applicants but purely Accounting seems to have a reasonable offer rate. Thanks

Hiya

The only stats that I could find are these: https://www.durham.ac.uk/media/durham-university/study/study---undergraduate/how-to-apply/documents/Applications-receiving-offer-2020-21.pdf

I believe this is the pdf you have referred to as well in your question, and as has been advised already, accounting and finance tends to be more popular which makes it more competitive. I'd say don't get discouraged even if it's a competitive uni/course to get into as you could be one of the people who receive an offer. If you meet the minimum grade requirements and can write a strong PS, you have just as much a chance of securing an offer as anyone else. Also regards the swapping courses advice given above, I wouldn't suggest relying on that hugely. It's possible to change courses but it will depend on seat availability and you don't wanna rely on this option only to be rendered unable to swap because of unavailability.

Feel free to talk to one of the current Accounting students on Unibuddy and also visit Durham during one of the open days in September. I'm also available here if you have more queries :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

The only stats that I could find are these: https://www.durham.ac.uk/media/durham-university/study/study---undergraduate/how-to-apply/documents/Applications-receiving-offer-2020-21.pdf

I believe this is the pdf you have referred to as well in your question, and as has been advised already, accounting and finance tends to be more popular which makes it more competitive. I'd say don't get discouraged even if it's a competitive uni/course to get into as you could be one of the people who receive an offer. If you meet the minimum grade requirements and can write a strong PS, you have just as much a chance of securing an offer as anyone else. Also regards the swapping courses advice given above, I wouldn't suggest relying on that hugely. It's possible to change courses but it will depend on seat availability and you don't wanna rely on this option only to be rendered unable to swap because of unavailability.

Feel free to talk to one of the current Accounting students on Unibuddy and also visit Durham during one of the open days in September. I'm also available here if you have more queries :smile:

-Himieka

Hi there what is the entry requirements for the ffoundation year finance at your university?
Original post by aryc_30
Hi there what is the entry requirements for the ffoundation year finance at your university?

Hiya

You can find the entry requirements on this page: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/courses/finance-with-foundation-n308/#entry-requirements

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest