The Student Room Group

A level art grade boundaries

I just got emailed an estimation for my AQA a level grades for Art and design (art craft and design ) There are two components Personal investigation I got 61/96 and External assignment I got 60/96. Can anyone find previous grade boundaries and see what I got ? Because the grade boundaries I’m seeing online are showing only out of 96 and not 192
Reply 1
Original post by Shenice599
I just got emailed an estimation for my AQA a level grades for Art and design (art craft and design ) There are two components Personal investigation I got 61/96 and External assignment I got 60/96. Can anyone find previous grade boundaries and see what I got ? Because the grade boundaries I’m seeing online are showing only out of 96 and not 192

The ones online don’t include the external assignment. I’m not sure about the weighting for AQA but find your percentage for each and then you can probably find your grade.
Reply 2
Original post by waffelton
The ones online don’t include the external assignment. I’m not sure about the weighting for AQA but find your percentage for each and then you can probably find your grade.


Could you help me I’m not good at maths and kind of in denial ? I got a C in both . And one weighs 40% and the other 60%? But they’re both like 1-2 marks off a B so does it like make it a B or something ?
Reply 3
Original post by Shenice599
I just got emailed an estimation for my AQA a level grades for Art and design (art craft and design ) There are two components Personal investigation I got 61/96 and External assignment I got 60/96. Can anyone find previous grade boundaries and see what I got ? Because the grade boundaries I’m seeing online are showing only out of 96 and not 192

your total percentage (with the weighted components) is 63.12% which is probably around a C
Reply 4
Original post by waffelton
your total percentage (with the weighted components) is 63.12% which is probably around a C


Wow. I need at least a B to go to university . Idk what to do
Reply 5
Original post by Shenice599
Wow. I need at least a B to go to university . Idk what to do

you might still get a B (it really just depends on the make scheme and I’m not very familiar with AQA). What is it you want to do for uni?

Quick Reply