The Student Room Group

Advice: dropping out

I am extremely determined to leave university as I feel unfulfilled, miserable and as if it is not the right path for me. I just finished my first year at a Russell group uni, and although I'm a highly studious person, it's just not what I feel is right for me... I was studying English and philosophy, and have since changed my career path, etc.
I am now looking for a (digital) marketing internship/apprenticeship, but I'm not sure where to begin, where to look, and whether employers would even want someone with little to no experience. I have taken online digital marketing courses, but I'm not sure whether that helps.
What should I do? And how do I get over the overwhelming fear that I'll fail and my whole life will fall apart?
Reply 1
part of being such a studious person is that you’ll get extremely worried when the plans you assumed you’d follow through with don’t go exactly as planned but that is just part of growing up and going through higher education. your life wont fall apart and it’s ok to change your mind, you were going into your first year of uni being expected to know what you wanted to do with your life at 17/18 and i’m sure many other people have since that age changed their minds.

i think the point of a degree apprenticeship is to build experience so the courses you’ve done can be viewed as a bonus honestly when you’re writing a personal statement and applying for them, it goes to show you’ve tried to accommodate for this change of mind the best you can. start on ucas i’m pretty sure they have a tool on there which can help you find degree apprenticeships.

wishing you the best of luck and i hope you feel much better soon, you will thank yourself in the long run when you realise you’re not forcing yourself to stay somewhere that makes you feel miserable. you’re much more likely to succeed and even enjoy your new plans (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending