The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Anxiety over A levels

I've just done my last A level Bio paper and I'm not feeling great after that. I feel like I failed Bio and Chemistry. I need an ABB in order to get into Pharmacy in Bath.
Any idea how to deal with this anxiety? Because I really do want to get into Bath but i'm scared that I won't have the grades for it when I open that folder.
Original post by Anonymous
I've just done my last A level Bio paper and I'm not feeling great after that. I feel like I failed Bio and Chemistry. I need an ABB in order to get into Pharmacy in Bath.
Any idea how to deal with this anxiety? Because I really do want to get into Bath but i'm scared that I won't have the grades for it when I open that folder.

Hey, just relax, you did all you can, that's all you can do. It's over now, just relax.

Think of a backup plan if nothing is working out for you.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
For most courses - at all Unis - there will be some spaces for 'near miss' applicants.
No guarantees of course, but you could still be accepted - so stop worrying.
Reply 3
Some of my friends at Bath missed their requirement by a grade or two so you definitely could still get in even if you didnt get the grade you were hoping for

- Y2 Econ student
Reply 4
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I feel a bit better.
Original post by Anonymous

I was absolutely certain I'd stuffed up my A-levels and would get rejected from my firm. Was expecting A*BC. Couldn't sleep, dreaded getting my results. I checked clearing in the morning and had my backups (incl. York :puke:) lined up for grades ranging down to ACC (at which point I'd retake). Evidently this was visible to my teacher, who said "I don't think you'll have to worry", before giving me an envelope with A*A*A in (the A was in the subject I was sure I'd got an A* in).
Anyway, point is there's no real way of knowing how you did, but planning a contingency is a good idea.
Hi there,

Sorry to hear youre experiencing anxiety! Remember you are not alone in this and it is totally normal to have concerns about your grades and future. As well, you have completed them and although it is easier said than done, there is no use fixating as your grades will come regardless, try to enjoy summer!

Try hanging out with friends and keeping busy. I find it much easier to deal with anxiety when I have lots to do as it distracts me from thinking about it too much. As well make sure you're taking care of yoursel, keep eating well and sleeping at reasonable time, have a bath to relax or go for a walk - itll only make it worse if you don't make sure you are well cared for.

As well sometimes university can be lenient with grades. If you only just miss you may still be offered a place. As well there is no real way of knowing how you did. I have felt i completely flunked an exam many times and every time i seemed to do even better than the ones i knew i had done well so dont worry about something you cannot control.

No matter what happens it will be okay and there are lots of options for you! I'm sure you did better than you think :smile:

Hope it all goes well,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest