The Student Room Group

A question I did in revision came up in my maths mock what should I do?

I was doing a question sheet of past paper questions by topic that my tutor gave me and some other students. I didn't realise then that it contained questions from papers that were still teacher accessible only.

One of the questions I did on that sheet then came up in the exam and if I hadn't done it before I wouldn't have got the right answer. And the fact that my predicted grade is in part based on this exam makes me feel like I wont deserve the grade I get.

Should I tell my teacher? My parents say not to and not to worry because i havent done anything wrong and in maths there is bound to be questions that people have done before because there isnt an infinte question bank.

But it doesn't feel right to me can you guys tell me what you think I should do?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by electronicnoob1_
I was doing a question sheet of past paper questions by topic that my tutor gave me and some other students. I didn't realise then that it contained questions from papers that were still teacher accessible only.

One of the questions I did on that sheet then came up in the exam and if I hadn't done it before I wouldn't have got the right answer. And the fact that my predicted grade is in part based on this exam makes me feel like I wont deserve the grade I get.

Should I tell my teacher? My parents say not to and not to worry because i havent done anything wrong and in maths there is bound to be questions that people have done before because there isnt an infinte question bank.

But it doesn't feel right to me can you guys tell me what you think I should do?

I am curious how you gained access to the questions if they were truly only accessible to teachers. You said you revised and then answered correctly. To my mind that means you learned, which is the whole point of an exam, to assess your learning. I agree with your parents. For peace of mind you could discuss with teacher, I doubt it would result in a penalty

Quick Reply

Latest