The Student Room Group

Anyone did GCSE Arabic- how does roleplay play work?

Hi so i do gcse arabic but i am homeschooled and already learnt arabic previously so i don’t have a teacher. I was wondering how does the role play task in the speaking exam work? I’m looking at the exam paper but i don’t really get it. Can someone explain what exactly happens?
Im going to assume that arabic gcse exams will be like other mfls. From what i know youll get a card with 5 prompts which youll have to answer in a small conversation with your examiner and above that youll receive a scenario. For example it might be that youre chatting with a friend about what you do at school and one of the prompts is "say what lessons you have during the week". Therell also be a ! and a ? which mean youll have to answer something you havent prepared for and youll have to ask that question to your examiner respectively. Im not 100% sure about specifics because i dont know what exam board youre doing and also i havent done my gcses yet.

Original post by unknown20001
Hi so i do gcse arabic but i am homeschooled and already learnt arabic previously so i don’t have a teacher. I was wondering how does the role play task in the speaking exam work? I’m looking at the exam paper but i don’t really get it. Can someone explain what exactly happens?
Reply 2
Original post by RandomPancake
Im going to assume that arabic gcse exams will be like other mfls. From what i know youll get a card with 5 prompts which youll have to answer in a small conversation with your examiner and above that youll receive a scenario. For example it might be that youre chatting with a friend about what you do at school and one of the prompts is "say what lessons you have during the week". Therell also be a ! and a ? which mean youll have to answer something you havent prepared for and youll have to ask that question to your examiner respectively. Im not 100% sure about specifics because i dont know what exam board youre doing and also i havent done my gcses yet.

Okay thank you! i think i figured it out now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest