The Student Room Group

Med school, what is better to get in?

Would it be better for me to do 4alevels, or 3 alevels and an epq. I could always just do 3 alevels and an as level. I know i only need 3 alevels, but my gcses arent particularly impressive, although enough to meet requirements, so i want to stand out to improve my chances. plus if i cannot keep up with college, how am i supposed to keep up with med school. I have the extra cirriculars and work experience part covered
Highest grades possible in three AL’s.
Original post by Todobroki
Would it be better for me to do 4alevels, or 3 alevels and an epq. I could always just do 3 alevels and an as level. I know i only need 3 alevels, but my gcses arent particularly impressive, although enough to meet requirements, so i want to stand out to improve my chances. plus if i cannot keep up with college, how am i supposed to keep up with med school. I have the extra cirriculars and work experience part covered

id say 3 a lewls and epq. most top unis dont care at all if u have 4 alevels and they specifically state out in their website that it doesnt really matter, it may make u stand out a little but its mothing to them really, they just care about the 3 a levels(most top russel unis at least)
its smarter to do 3 a levels and bang them, do well and get like A*AA and epq, instead of 4 alevels which will be. a lot more work and u may not get the A*AA which would be a shame
Reply 3
List of 2023 entry requirements for each UK Med School - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2951/entry-requirements-document-2023-entry.pdf

No Uni requires more than 3 A levels - and for Med you just need the highest 3 grades possible, so forget the EPQ.
Trust me and @Admit-One on this one, we are Admissions staff.
Don't do 4 A-Levels

Sincerely,
Someone who did 4 A-Levels

Quick Reply

Latest