The Student Room Group

HMCTS Summer Intern 2023

Hello everyone,

I am starting to get a little worried since my application is taking very long at this point and I haven’t even completed the pre-employment checks.
Currently my application is going through “higher security check/ health check” and I don’t even know how long it will take.

Can some tell me hold long it took for your applications until you got your contract??

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by alexandrova01
Hello everyone,

I am starting to get a little worried since my application is taking very long at this point and I haven’t even completed the pre-employment checks.
Currently my application is going through “higher security check/ health check” and I don’t even know how long it will take.

Can some tell me hold long it took for your applications until you got your contract??

Thank you!

Hi!

A few of us in the other thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331811) are getting worried too as it is taking a very long time for contracts to come through and there is nobody who can update us on progress.

We all seem to have applied for London courts.
Reply 2
Original post by Belladog
Hi!

A few of us in the other thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331811) are getting worried too as it is taking a very long time for contracts to come through and there is nobody who can update us on progress.

We all seem to have applied for London courts.

Hey,

Yes I have also applied to the London courts. I contacted the recruitment team via phone to ask them how long it takes for the higher pre-employment check/ health check to be completed and the person on the phone said 6-8 weeks. The problem is that I start my final year of uni at the end of September, and if I wait 8 weeks just for the pre employment check to be completed I’m worried it will clash with my uni.

they really need to speed some things up. I know there is a lot of applicants but surely they can speed up a little bit…

thank you for your reply.
it calmed me down a little knowing I’m not the only one 😅.
Reply 3
Hey,

Yes I have also applied to the London courts. I contacted the recruitment team via phone to ask them how long it takes for the higher pre-employment check/ health check to be completed and the person on the phone said 6-8 weeks. The problem is that I start my final year of uni at the end of September, and if I wait 8 weeks just for the pre employment check to be completed I’m worried it will clash with my uni.

they really need to speed some things up. I know there is a lot of applicants but surely they can speed up a little bit…

thank you for your reply.
it calmed me down a little knowing I’m not the only one 😅.

It is so frustrating isn't it?

My checks were completed on the 19th May and the email said that the contract will be sent through but its been 5 weeks now and no sign of a contract.

Most of us are still at uni and are back towards the end of September so am wondering why the whole process is taking so long. I wish I had found some summer work in the interim now as though the internship would start in June.

It is reassuring though to know that we are all in the same boat and haven't been forgotten about :smile:

Fingers crossed we will all hear soon.
Reply 4
So I got a call today asking me if I could start on the 17th July but no word about which court I am allocated to. The caller said they let their line mgr know my start date. Hopefully this means a contract soon?
Reply 5
Original post by Belladog
So I got a call today asking me if I could start on the 17th July but no word about which court I am allocated to. The caller said they let their line mgr know my start date. Hopefully this means a contract soon?

Ooooh! That’s a wonderful news!! Congratulations, I’m so happy for you!! 👏🏻🥳
Maybe the next couple of days you will find out! Whichever court it is, what matters is the experience and you have worked very hard for this!

Let me know how it goes!! Keep in touch! 😊
Reply 6
Ooooh! That’s a wonderful news!! Congratulations, I’m so happy for you!! 👏🏻🥳
Maybe the next couple of days you will find out! Whichever court it is, what matters is the experience and you have worked very hard for this!

Let me know how it goes!! Keep in touch! 😊

Awwww thank you and I will keep you updated.

Best of luck with your internship! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending