The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

iraqi student in York St John University

hi i am ahmed and i wanna study software eng in york so i want some advice about everything there . how much tuition fees? and cost of living? and the important one can i working part time and how much money can i earn per day ?
Hi!
For UK students tuition fees are £9,250 per year (for a full time students) and for international students tuition fees are £13,000 per year (for a full time students). The cost of living varies based on your lifestyle, for example how often you want to go out, what you eat or where you live. York St John provide financial support for all students through projects such as the YSJ larder which can provide non-perishable foods, toiletries and cleaning products for students struggling financially.
https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/students/your-finances/cost-of-living-support/#ysj-larder
This above link provides more details on cost of living support provided by YSJ.
Regarding part time work, there are plenty of opportunities for part time jobs both within the university (as a student ambassador) or in the city itself (in a shop or cafe). UK minimum wage for those age 18-20 is £7.49 an hour, age 21-22 is £10.18 per hour, however some jobs will pay higher.

I hope this information is helpful! Please feel free to reply with any more questions.
:smile: Faye
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending