The Student Room Group

Im so bored for the summer

Got nothing to dooo, im applying for work but im not getting anything. Whats everyone else doing
Original post by Boooooredasf
Got nothing to dooo, im applying for work but im not getting anything. Whats everyone else doing

working! :yeah:
Working, and I have a holiday booked for August
Original post by Boooooredasf

Kinda in the same position here, I've been applying for lots of jobs too but not really hearing back unfortunately. That being said, after 3 weeks of constant applying I now have my first interview scheduled for next week (wish me luck!) so just keep trying and don't lose help and eventually you should break through :smile:

In the meantime you could try going out, seeing friends and spending time on your hobbies - or find some hobbies if you don't have any (e.g. exercising, reading, art, even video games/Netflix are fine in moderation tbh. You could also work on yourself and towards your goals, learn a language, gain skills relevant to the industry you're applying for jobs in, etc.
Reply 4
Working and getting outdoors when the weather is cooperating. Summer is great! Spend time with friends, take trips to places you want to visit, join a hobby group you're interested in ... the possibilities are endless!
Reply 5
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
working! :yeah:

It's unfortunate to hear that employment opportunities are scarce at the moment and it's affecting many individuals' lives. However, it's important to keep in mind that there are other options available to improve personal and professional growth. One of the best ways to do this is to further one's education level. Many institutions offer various educational courses that can expand knowledge, skill sets, and prepare for future job opportunities. Additionally, volunteering or freelancing can also be a great alternative to remain active while waiting for employment opportunities to arise. Remember, don't give up, continue developing oneself, and be patient as the job market improves over time.

Quick Reply

Latest