The Student Room Group

Is 4 months is enough time to scrape a grade 4 (C) in maths IGCSE from scratch?

Im debating whether to take the igcse exam in novemeber, OR wait till next may. I only need a C.

Im practically starting from scratch because i haven't studied maths in many years since dropping out if school early. Im probably at grade 2 currently.

Do you think 4 months is enough time?
Reply 1
Original post by Desperadoodle
Im debating whether to take the igcse exam in novemeber, OR wait till next may. I only need a C.

Im practically starting from scratch because i haven't studied maths in many years since dropping out if school early. Im probably at grade 2 currently.

If you're constantly revising then you may be able to get a grade 4 or higher.

Use seneca learning it's a free website and app you can sign up to. It helped me achieve a grade 5 on the foundation paper.
Reply 2
Original post by Desperadoodle

It's enough time if you can/do put the required effort in and if you have the aptitude for basic maths that is required. The problem with trying to answer your question with certainty is that there isn't an explanation of how well you were doing in maths and why you dropped out so didn't achieve a 4 / C grade when you were in education.

If your plan is to try Edexcel IGCSE maths then the math genie web site has useful revision content that could get you back up to speed if you are just rusty from lack of use. You might need a more structured set of learning if you were struggling with maths previously.

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/igcse.html
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
yeah, but i dont know your level. the gcse only needs 140h of total learning, and for context i had like 900h of fortnite, and a lot of people get 4s. in my year, it was 51/240 in aqa (higher) for maths, so if you are god awful at maths, like you need divine intervention, you may struggle with a 4, but if you are driven im sure you can pull it off. Im not very sure how my uk exams compare to international gcses, but im guessing theyre a bit harder (from my experience of looking at IALs in chem and physics)

Quick Reply

Latest