The Student Room Group

Studying Maths and English GCSE in 12 months?

Do you think it's doable to study and pass both Maths and English GCSE in 12 months?

Im an adult learner who didn't even sit gcse's at school due to dropping out. I now want to sit my GCSE's and my aim is to do this in 12 months.

Is it possible for someone starting from scratch?
(edited 11 months ago)
Yes absolutely doable. That's about 240 learning hours, plus revision, so you can easily do that in 12 months.

1 hour a day per subject, 5 days a week. Bit more in the run up to exams for revision. Bob's your uncle.
Original post by Emmalouise87
Do you think it's doable to study and pass both Maths and English GCSE in 12 months?

Im an adult learner who didn't even sit gcse's at school due to dropping out. I now want to sit my GCSE's and my aim is to do this in 12 months.

Is it possible for someone starting from scratch?

I think it's definitely possible especially since you only need a 4 to pass (and the highest grade is a 9) There's plenty of resources like youtube videos and practice questions to help you learn. I personally think everyone has the ability to get high grades as long as they are consistent with revision. (12 months is more than enough!) :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest