The Student Room Group

can You publish a Computer Science A-level project? If so how soon ?

I have done A-levels and have created a project with score 67/70. I would like to post it on github for reference to use on job applications and stuff. I am wondering how soon can I do this if at all ?
(edited 9 months ago)
Probably best to ask your teacher. Keep in mind that technically your school holds the copyright to the project since it was created for educational purposes.
Reply 2
Original post by AlexanderSOV
I have done A-levels and have created a project with score 67/70. I would like to post it on github for reference to use on job applications and stuff. I am wondering how soon can I do this if at all ?

Previous poster is correct. Technically the school/ college holds the copyright. That said, this is should be defined in a contract you sign when you enroll. Universities take this very seriously as they make a lot of money out of it. Schools and colleges probably have better things to do over enforcing copyright.

My top tip though would be to buy a domain and create your own website rather than upload to GitHub. GitHub is good for storing code but not for showing it off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending