The Student Room Group

chatgpt

does chatgpt save my work? i've copied my personal statement into it to see if it could identify areas of improvement but im worried that my ps will flagged for plagiarism for being on chatgpts system???
The entire design of chatGPT is that it scrapes data from everything, including inputs, to regurgitate in various ways for other people. Which means now it could well just cough up chunks of your PS, or elements of it, or the structure of it, for someone else at any time...

You are fundamentally using chatGPT for something it is not fit for purpose for to start with (it's not an editing software, and it's not "intelligent", it just uses statistics to suggest the most average general response based on all the data it scrapes), and in a way which will probably backfire (as you have not idea when or if it will just rip chunks out of what you put into it and spew it out for someone else).

Personally I would recommend rewriting your PS from scratch. And stop using chatGPT like that if you want to succeed in basically...anything...
Reply 2
oh god... the worst part is i've never taken out anything they've churned back out but rather just given it my own personal statement in one go. i dont know how much of my personal statement i can rewrite but thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending