The Student Room Group

Enquiry about University Choice

I have received a conditional offer for MSc Big Data Science from Queen Mary's, University of London and also for MSc Economics at University of Greenwich. Apart from this I have also received conditional offers from Aston University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Surrey, City University London.
I want to accept Queen Mary's coz it's a Russell group institution but it's a bit high on the budget. As an Indian lower middle class I have to keep an eye on the budget as well. Which one should I go for?
I am applying for Sept 2024 intake and I will receive my degree in June.
Original post by Upamanyu Nag
I have received a conditional offer for MSc Big Data Science from Queen Mary's, University of London and also for MSc Economics at University of Greenwich. Apart from this I have also received conditional offers from Aston University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Surrey, City University London.
I want to accept Queen Mary's coz it's a Russell group institution but it's a bit high on the budget. As an Indian lower middle class I have to keep an eye on the budget as well. Which one should I go for?
I am applying for Sept 2024 intake and I will receive my degree in June.
Hi there!

I'm happy to see you're considering joining Surrey =)

Please take a look at this page, where Surrey compiled a list to help students with budgeting. It includes expenses you'll most likely encounter throughout your time here, with other helpful links.

As Guildford is outside of London, expenses will be lower, whilst still being within commuting distance to the City Centre, which can be very helpful when looking for jobs or internships.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

I hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending