The Student Room Group

predicted grades

hi
i have got abb and want to go to a russel group uni
can i resit my year 12 exams externally (i.e sit an actual edexcel economics paper) in year 13 whilst still going into school but studying the year 13 syallbus
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
What do you want to study and which subjects are you taking at a level?
It probably isnt going to help you. English exam boards are graded totally based on your year 13 exams unlike Welsh exams where year 12 results forms part of the overall grades. Your predicted grades arent going to change as they are set by your school.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
What do you want to study and which subjects are you taking at a level?

i study history economics and politics
im lloking for coursesthat basically match up wiith my alevels i.e international relations, politics,history,business managment
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
It probably isnt going to help you. English exam boards are graded totally based on your year 13 exams unlike Welsh exams where year 12 results forms part of the overall grades. Your predicted grades arent going to change as they are set by your school.

so im basically stuck with those grades
Reply 5
Original post by kas694
hi
i have got abb and want to go to a russel group uni
can i resit my year 12 exams externally (i.e sit an actual edexcel economics paper) in year 13 whilst still going into school but studying the year 13 syallbus

No but you could ask your school if you can take another assessment.

What grades have you been working at?
Reply 6
Original post by kas694
i study history economics and politics
im lloking for coursesthat basically match up wiith my alevels i.e international relations, politics,history,business managment

Sounds great! I'm sure you will be able to get offers from places you like. Have you considered PPE?
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
No but you could ask your school if you can take another assessment.

What grades have you been working at?

when you mean take another assessemnt do you mean resit a end of year exam?
do you mind expalining to me
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
Sounds great! I'm sure you will be able to get offers from places you like. Have you considered PPE?

i've looked into it prior to my predicted coming out but wasn't a fan of philosphy, either way i wouldn't get an offer
Reply 9
Original post by kas694
i've looked into it prior to my predicted coming out but wasn't a fan of philosphy, either way i wouldn't get an offer

You would get offers with ABB predicted grades at lots of good places!
Reply 10
Original post by ajj2000
You would get offers with ABB predicted grades at lots of good places!

i've done some resarch and queen mary's and southampton university have courses witH abb entry requirments would I have a change of gettin in
Reply 11
Original post by kas694
i've done some resarch and queen mary's and southampton university have courses witH abb entry requirments would I have a change of gettin in

Yes - of course. Perhaps have a look at Sheffield, Lancaster, Liverpool and Cardiff also. I don't think you are looking at one of the very popular courses so its not as tough as looking for economics degrees.
Original post by kas694
so im basically stuck with those grades

Yes as predictions unless your school changes them. There are many very good universities equally as good as RG universities.
Original post by kas694
when you mean take another assessemnt do you mean resit a end of year exam?
do you mind expalining to me

Talk to your teachers - offer to do additional work over the summer and take another assessment. What grades are you working at ie was this exam similar to others you've done?

Quick Reply

Latest