The Student Room Group

advice for moving to year 11

hi! just wanted some advice from people who have experienced this year and would like some advice on getting the best results I can get in the end of the year (this is of course about the GCSEs)
I would just give the same advice that suits most other years. Try staying on top of your work as best as you can and start creating exam notes as the year goes on so you won't have to rush revision at the end when exams do come around. Access any support that is available from your teachers if you feel you need it, such as asking teachers in essay subjects (English, RS, etc.) to draft essays with you and sending practice questions you may not understand so you can begin improving your standard of work from now. Overall, go at an easy pace and don't overload yourself with too much work at once, make the best of the year, it'll come and go before you know it. Good luck!
Original post by ekiraiai
hi! just wanted some advice from people who have experienced this year and would like some advice on getting the best results I can get in the end of the year (this is of course about the GCSEs)

In addition to the academic advice above, make sure you stay close to your friends. Have a healthy social life and don't sweat the small stuff.
Ok thank you guys!

Quick Reply

Latest