The Student Room Group

What to say in an email asking for my teacher to attest for me to my parents?

Basically, I have been working at steady As and Bs, even the few A*s across year 12, however my mock grades have come back and I got CCD (with both grade Cs one mark off a B), and I don't really know what to do. My parents have super high expectations, and I have been meeting up to those all year, but these mock grades have seriously been the worst. I hardly ever get grades as low as my mock grades, but they are still mocks/ end of year tests!

Someone gave me advice saying that I should ask my teachers to attest for me, as I am clearly a hard worker who is capable of the good grades, but I am unsure on how to approach them. I don't want to sound too defensive or emotional, or closed off from the fact that there is still time in the future to improve these grades, as my school is planning to have another round of mocks to put forward for UCAS in October, but it is really causing me to stress because of the disappointment I feel for myself, and the disappointment that my parents will show when they see my gradecard.

Any advice would be super helpful! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by julesrrrr67
Basically, I have been working at steady As and Bs, even the few A*s across year 12, however my mock grades have come back and I got CCD (with both grade Cs one mark off a B), and I don't really know what to do. Someone gave me advice saying that I should ask my teachers to attest for me, as I am clearly a hard worker who is capable of the good grades, but I am unsure on how to approach them.

Any advice would be super helpful! :smile:

Won’t your school report have this on it?
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
Won’t your school report have this on it?

My school report would only consist of :

UCAS predicted grade
Predicted grade
Current grade (mock results)
Reply 3
Original post by julesrrrr67
My school report would only consist of :

UCAS predicted grade
Predicted grade
Current grade (mock results)

They should include comments on your progress and areas requiring work. But I don’t know if teachers would write an attestation for you because they quite simply may not have the time. I suggest that you ask your parents to write a message to each teacher if they are worried, asking what areas you should work on over the summer etc. I know this would include the same information as an attestation but teachers tend to reply to requests from parents better than from students.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Euapp
They should include comments on your progress and areas requiring work. But I don’t know if teachers would write an attestation for you because they quite simply may not have the time. I suggest that you ask your parents to write a message to each teacher if they are worried, asking what areas you should work on over the summer etc. I know this would include the same information as an attestation but teachers tend to reply to requests from parents better than from students.

I didnt realise they replied to parents better, but I'll see when my gradecard comes out. I know how to improve anyway, and as I was only one mark off my predicted I'm hopeful I can reach them or higher next time.

Thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest