The Student Room Group

Gap year work

I am thinking of taking a gap year but am applying for physics at uni and was unsure of what things I could do that were physics related ?
I read somewhere that apparently you can email unis asking to work or volunteer in their labs, how ever I don’t know how I would do that or what I would say (eg if I was to email what would I write and include in thr email?)
That would be great to do something physics related! Just email unis you’re interested in volunteering in a lab and they can’t rly say no tbh! Or look for job opportunities that you can apply for in labs at uni although the may require a lot of experience (I.e. many years) as these lab technicians help the lecturers/doctors at the uni so they’re no dumb people and all have a BSc or more themselves.

There’s actually someone I know who works at my uni (albeit in a media related job tho) who’s only 19 because he left college after a levels to go to work and he now works at my uni full time in coms/media... it’s funny to see him working there when I’m still studying in second year😂 so unis do employ young people!

Original post by Vidhisha_
I am thinking of taking a gap year but am applying for physics at uni and was unsure of what things I could do that were physics related ?
I read somewhere that apparently you can email unis asking to work or volunteer in their labs, how ever I don’t know how I would do that or what I would say (eg if I was to email what would I write and include in thr email?)

Quick Reply

Latest