The Student Room Group

Switching course

I’ve done first year of uni but I’ve failed. I tried to change my first year course but my module leader didn’t let me at the time. I asked my module leader if I can do a different course and start from first year as I don’t mind and she said I still have to resit the exam. But why would I have to resit that if I wanna start a completely different course anyways. How do I go about this without retaking the exam
It’s likely that passing the year is a requirement of your university regulations for switching course.

Depending on the course change you’re requesting it might not be an option for you to restart if the modules are common across both courses.

You need to talk to someone who understands your university regulations and how they apply to what you are asking for. Your faculty office or student records team would normally be a good place to ask for help.

If you want to stay at that university then you must meet the criteria for a restart under the regulations. If you don’t want to resit and a resit is required then you will need to use ucas to apply to a different university
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending