The Student Room Group

Switching degree choice from Sociology to History

Hi! I have firmed York for 2023 for Sociology and I now am second-guessing myself and think I may prefer a History degree instead? I still love York and would really like to do the course there so I'm curious as to what the best option is?

Should I try and go to York for History through clearing or does it make more sense to just go for Sociology and then once I'm there decide whether or not to request a transfer? Would going through clearing void my accommodation offer?
(edited 8 months ago)
Just ring up York and ask them to switch your course.
There’s no need to use clearing. They can switch your course if they agree
Reply 2
Original post by abbfarrr
Hi! I have firmed York for 2023 for Sociology and I now am second-guessing myself and think I may prefer a History degree instead? I still love York and would really like to do the course there so I'm curious as to what the best option is?

Should I try and go to York for History through clearing or does it make more sense to just go for Sociology and then once I'm there decide whether or not to request a transfer? Would going through clearing get void my accommodation offer?

Hi, I would accept your place for sociology since (when i was a first year) they give you a week or two at the very start of term to change your course. Since you're switching to another humanity subject it shouldn't be too much of an issue and there should be a place. That way you could give a few of your sociology lectures and seminars a go for a few days then just email to make the switch :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending