The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Engineering Switch

Hi
So I am applying to bath chemical engineering and im starting to have second doubts, to switching to baths other engineerings which are taught together for the first 2 years, do they normally allow you to switch courses easily at Bath and does it depend on space, and how much availability is there. I definitely have the predicted grades if thats an issue.
Original post by Singam21
Hi
So I am applying to bath chemical engineering and im starting to have second doubts, to switching to baths other engineerings which are taught together for the first 2 years, do they normally allow you to switch courses easily at Bath and does it depend on space, and how much availability is there. I definitely have the predicted grades if thats an issue.

Have you submitted your application?
If so then ring up Bath and talk to them about the flexibility to change course and whether they recommend you change your application or if flexibility is a feature of the course so not something to worry about.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you submitted your application?
If so then ring up Bath and talk to them about the flexibility to change course and whether they recommend you change your application or if flexibility is a feature of the course so not something to worry about.

Normally if I was switching from Mechanical to any type of engineering its easy, however I have originally applied for Chem Eng which is the only engineering taught separately from all the others which share the first 2 years
Original post by Singam21
Normally if I was switching from Mechanical to any type of engineering its easy, however I have originally applied for Chem Eng which is the only engineering taught separately from all the others which share the first 2 years

Still speak to Bath about this. They’ll explain your options
Reply 4
the course structure is irrelevant. if you've only just applied, you're just an applicant and switching your application is not too difficult or rare

Quick Reply

Latest