The Student Room Group

Adult nursing USW - classification and pin?

Does anyone know when the classification would come through for Sept intake? Currently just finished my management placement and I’ve been offered a job outside of streamlining. They have said start date would be Sept but I’m not sure when I would apply for my pin as uni haven’t given any information out yet. Many thanks
Original post by Jadefrench88
Does anyone know when the classification would come through for Sept intake? Currently just finished my management placement and I’ve been offered a job outside of streamlining. They have said start date would be Sept but I’m not sure when I would apply for my pin as uni haven’t given any information out yet. Many thanks

Hello @Jadefrench88

I hope you’re well. Congratulations on your job offer! It may be best to post this in your current university forum so current students on your course, could answer more correctly. Alternatively, you can contact members of the academic team to find out when you’re expecting to review your classification, and when you will be able to apply for your pin.

Best of luck,
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Original post by Jadefrench88

Until you know your final exams results outcome there's nothing you can do 😭.
You'll be able to apply for your nursing registration PIN soon as you receive your final exams results and then you notify NMC with all the because paperwork and then wait until you receive it before you can officially start as a nurse. It usually takes about two weeks from when you send it to NMC.

I recently qualified as a adult nurse and until we received our NMC nursing registration PIN back from them we were given a temporary band 4 contract as we already signed everything up for the band 5 nursing position.
I'm now working as a band 5 nurse as received my NMC nursing PIN after just over two weeks.

Time may vary depending on how busy the NMC are okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending