The Student Room Group

Nursing degrees

Woukd anybody happen to know if this particular degree is a classified degree? I.e you gain a 2.1 at the end? I am aware of the BSC but needed further clarification
Nursing (Adult) BMedSci
Reply 1
Original post by Louise2300
Woukd anybody happen to know if this particular degree is a classified degree? I.e you gain a 2.1 at the end? I am aware of the BSC but needed further clarification
Nursing (Adult) BMedSci

Yeah its classified, but generally i dont think it hugely matter what you get as long as you qualify and get your pin your a registered nurse.
Reply 2
Original post by PonchoKid
Yeah its classified, but generally i dont think it hugely matter what you get as long as you qualify and get your pin your a registered nurse.

Thank you! It’s so confusing I’m really struggling to pick a university in all honesty
Reply 3
Thank you! It’s so confusing I’m really struggling to pick a university in all honesty

Im on my secon degree, currently a mature student so my uni choice this time was very different.

But my first degree i was 18 and i chose my unis based on the fact they did my degree, and where they were. Ie somewhere id want to live for 3 years. I ended up choosing my final uni because it was in a place i loved, it was nice and small so i wasnt just a number, and it was friendly. It wasnt the best uni rank wise, but genuinly i loved it.

So my advice is always choose somewhere youd want to live not just because its a good uni.
With nursing all the courses have to be accredited by the NMC so generally follow the same modules and stuff. And they all have to fulfill so many hours of placement (i think its 2300) which again is stipulated by the NMC.
Reply 4
I echo ponchokid’s advice about choosing where you want to study. There may be differences in approaches to teaching or assessment, but where you have studies and your overall grade doesn’t have much of an impact (if any) on your career as a nurse. Go to open days of you can and actually check out the universities and local area, if you can’t do this many do virtual open days which are worth a look.
Reply 5
Thanks both, the main issues I’m having is choosing a university that can offer placement within a reasonable travel time from where I live. I have young children and will be studying as a mature learner I don’t mind 35 mins travel time but some unis say it could be up to 90 mins and on top of a long working day it seems a lot.
Reply 6
Thanks both, the main issues I’m having is choosing a university that can offer placement within a reasonable travel time from where I live. I have young children and will be studying as a mature learner I don’t mind 35 mins travel time but some unis say it could be up to 90 mins and on top of a long working day it seems a lot.

Pretty sure its the NMC that stipulates up to 90 minuets.
Unis try to do it as close as possible to where you live.
If i drove, all my past 3 placements have been no more than 30 minuets with traffic, but sadly i dont so theyv took an hour :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending