The Student Room Group

is finishing a levels at 20/21 old ?

im 19 in a couple weeks
i will be 20, going on 21 when i finish my a levels as ive now decided to do biology so adding an extra year.
i love it so much. i stress a lot but ive gone from a U/D in psychology to an A from my online tutors. ive tried so hard.
my boyfriend is 18 and going into uni this year and he doesn’t know about me deciding to have an rxtra year to complete biology and do all a-levels together as i started these other 3 at the end of Jan and obvs wont finish my year 12 content until sep/october which is obviously behind. i feel embarrassed as i dont want him or his family to think im weird or stupid. it’s just i struggled a lot with my mental health and wasnt able to study.
do i sound old? i will be entering uni at 21 for diagnostic radiography and doing a masters after with medical ultrasounds or maybe taking a year to travel and then go back.
how can we cope without eacj other ?
Damn, at 38 entering university must be ancient.
Original post by random_matt
Damn, at 38 entering university must be ancient.

it isn’t just that, it’s the fact that my boyfriend is a school year younger than me and is going to uni this year. i feel very behind and embarrassed. my mum always says how i will be 50 when i get to uni cos im behind :frown:
update:
my mum walked into my room today and said “ur doing ur exams in 2024, not 2025. everyone else is flying by”
and she was bejng horrible??? its making me feel worse
Reply 4
Certainly not. I started uni at age 41 on a Foundation Degree. Age is irrelevant. Attitude is more important.
Reply 5
Original post by alevelstudent090
it isn’t just that, it’s the fact that my boyfriend is a school year younger than me and is going to uni this year. i feel very behind and embarrassed. my mum always says how i will be 50 when i get to uni cos im behind :frown:

sorry to hear that experience and the remarks you're enduring :frown:

ultimately it's your business and nobody elses .. also, nobody cares and isn't keeping score

what is most important is that you have the experience that you gave whatever year you are in a good effort and are learning about how you learn and your interests, because that's what your years in uni will be about

take care, and just do whatever you're doing at your own pace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending