The Student Room Group

Scholarships loans grants for international students

Hello, I received an offer to study medicine in the UK. My dad will be able to pay for my fees but I’m worried what if at any point during my course he won’t be able to pay does that mean I’ll have to withdraw my studies and that’s it?? Or the university will be helpful? Will I be able to take some loans from the UK either government or private?
Also, I live in Kuwait normally though I’m not a Kuwaiti national. So I was wondering will I be able to get a loan or any sort of financial help from Kuwait government?

If any of you got any information please let me know. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Rookie666
Hello, I received an offer to study medicine in the UK. My dad will be able to pay for my fees but I’m worried what if at any point during my course he won’t be able to pay does that mean I’ll have to withdraw my studies and that’s it?? Or the university will be helpful? Will I be able to take some loans from the UK either government or private?
Also, I live in Kuwait normally though I’m not a Kuwaiti national. So I was wondering will I be able to get a loan or any sort of financial help from Kuwait government?

If any of you got any information please let me know. Thank you.

Hello,
First and foremost, congratulations on the offer.To begin, may I inquire whether you possess an EU citizenship?
because if you were an EU citizenship holder you may get a student loan.

In this scenario, what you can do initially is get in touch with the University directly and inquire about the possibility of setting up a payment plan if you are facing financial difficulties. It's worth noting that not all universities provide this option, but many do.

Secondly, you may consider reaching out to the University that has extended the offer to you and inquire about the criteria for obtaining a fees-paid scholarship, as it often varies depending on the specific institution.

hope this helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending