The Student Room Group

Is it okay if the majority of my architecture portfolio is mostly work from a level?

Would I be able to mostly use the work I've done in fine art for my portfolio? It mostly consists of paintings and drawings.
Original post by athenaginao
Would I be able to mostly use the work I've done in fine art for my portfolio? It mostly consists of paintings and drawings.

Hi @athenaginao

Your work from fine art will be great for your portfolio! I study fashion design here at BCU and when I was making my portfolio, I didn't actually have a lot of work directly fashion related. So, I used my a level art work and some personal projects to show my drawing skills, creativity, etc., which worked just as well as having lots of work directed at architecture.

So you should be good to include your a level work. Remember to include your best pieces, some sketchbook type work, and anything you're proud of and able to talk about.

Best of luck!

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @athenaginao

Your work from fine art will be great for your portfolio! I study fashion design here at BCU and when I was making my portfolio, I didn't actually have a lot of work directly fashion related. So, I used my a level art work and some personal projects to show my drawing skills, creativity, etc., which worked just as well as having lots of work directed at architecture.

So you should be good to include your a level work. Remember to include your best pieces, some sketchbook type work, and anything you're proud of and able to talk about.

Best of luck!

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂

thank youu
Original post by athenaginao

You will need to see what each uni specifies when they send you a portfolio request. They all differ in what they want to see. For example, one of the unis my son applied for wanted some photography, another didn't want any photography. Some unis will also give you a specific task to complete. To have a look at some student portfolios, google manchester uni architecture blogspot.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
You will need to see what each uni specifies when they send you a portfolio request. They all differ in what they want to see. For example, one of the unis my son applied for wanted some photography, another didn't want any photography. Some unis will also give you a specific task to complete. To have a look at some student portfolios, google manchester uni architecture blogspot.

Okay, thank you. I'd been checking their specifics like ik Sheffield wants a depiction of my street. and I'll have a look at the blogspot thankss
Reply 5
Most universities expect to see mostly A Level work, so you'll be fine. A lot of them prefer Art & Design, to Fine Art - as things like modelling, digital art etc. are important to architecture - so if you have any personal work like that it's a good idea to include it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending