The Student Room Group

How many hours should I spend writing my NEA?

I am doing a modern history a level NEA on the usage of propaganda in modern Russian history. I already have all my research ready, I just need to actually finish the main essay! I was wondering how many hours I should plan to spend writing it? I have heard some people say 100 hours, and some say about 2 days, so I am not sure! It is 5000 words.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
It entirely depends, I would say you want to spend two weeks on it 3-6 hours a day depending on your personal speed.

Your first week you should focus entirely on writing it, include everything you want too discus even if it goes over the word count. If you've not made a plan yet spend at least one day planning structure what sources you'll mention where.

Your second week should focus on editing it. Go through every paragraph and act as an examiner would, look for the mark scheme (in my case this was OCR) and highlight every section that shows A02, A01, A03, etc and to what extent. If you've got friends doing the same a-level ask them to go over it, and you go over there's. If your not friends with anyone doing history (Or you don't trust them to be good at marking) find someone on here to do it (if you message me I'd be willing too). When I did mine last year I swapped with three other people. The lowest any of us got was 32/40, the highest 36/40. Other people are far better judges of what's good in you own work than yourself.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending