The Student Room Group

english language a level how to revise for transcripts

How do I revise a transcript? out of lexis, grammar, phonology, pragmatics, discourse or semantics, what would I use and how?
Reply 1
Hey, rather than revising the transcript you should practice the transcript and revise the theories. Find past papers online and complete them, applying language theories to it as you go, then mark it using the examiners report and see where you can improve.
Since you can’t predict what is on the transcript you can’t really ‘revise’ it
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
Hey, rather than revising the transcript you should practice the transcript and revise the theories. Find past papers online and complete them, applying language theories to it as you go, then mark it using the examiners report and see where you can improve.
Since you can’t predict what is on the transcript you can’t really ‘revise’ it

what do you mean by theories?
Reply 3
Wait are you describing the child language acquisition transcript or the texts where you analyse meanings and representations/topic?
Reply 4
Original post by charves14
Wait are you describing the child language acquisition transcript or the texts where you analyse meanings and representations/topic?

meanings and representations, paper 1 aqa
Reply 5
ohh okay ignore the theories bit. my school recommended reading as many articles as you can to get used to the writing style and do practice papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending