The Student Room Group

How to make essay guides for gcse eduqas poetry anthology??

as title says.
Hi! i am also doing eduqas and quite stuck with the poetry anthology. Did you find out a way to make those essay guides and stuff?
Reply 2
Hi! 😊 Nice to meet someone else doing eduqas! 📚 I know the poetry anthology can be tough. 🤔 To make essay guides, I found it helpful to look at themes, literary tools, and context for each poem. 📝 You can ask teachers, friends, or find info online too. You can do it! 💪
Original post by maxakene
Hi! 😊 Nice to meet someone else doing eduqas! 📚 I know the poetry anthology can be tough. 🤔 To make essay guides, I found it helpful to look at themes, literary tools, and context for each poem. 📝 You can ask teachers, friends, or find info online too. You can do it! 💪

have you got any resources you don’t mind sharing?
Reply 4
Original post by vars an
have you got any resources you don’t mind sharing?

ik its been 3 weeks but i haven't logged in sorry for the late reply.
my entire poetry anthology is literally dependent on dystopiajunkie (the youtuber) and searching up the poems on genius.com.
when i annotate my anthology, i make sure to include some sort of analysis. so when i look back, im not only seeing the literary device used but also the effects of it.
make sure to include what the author's intention may be in your essay guides as well. and for every evidence you use, try to include some context as well, so aim for at least 2 pieces of context in each paragraph. they can be quite simple like in The Manhunt, you could say that it is from the wife's POV about a real soldier called Ed who was a peacekeeper, meaning that he couldn't intervene in the war.

sorry if this is a jumbled mess. you can ask for any clarification.
ty for the reply, that really helps! I will make sure to include context and analysis in my annotations for each paragraph.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending