The Student Room Group

Should I go back to uni?

I dropped out of my first year- didn’t like the course.

However, I struggled to stir myself and get on with the work. I might have undiagnosed adhd because I really and honestly found it really difficult to concentrate and get work done. I prioritised my social life too.

Would it be a bad idea to try another course? I really don’t want to waste more time and money.

Thanks
Try working a menial job for a year so you'll have the alternative to motivate you when you feel like caving to baser instincts.
Reply 2
Original post by Meltboy7778
Try working a menial job for a year so you'll have the alternative to motivate you when you feel like caving to baser instincts.

That’s my current plan tbh- gotta send off applications for Jan 24 tho
Original post by Anonymous
I dropped out of my first year- didn’t like the course.

However, I struggled to stir myself and get on with the work. I might have undiagnosed adhd because I really and honestly found it really difficult to concentrate and get work done. I prioritised my social life too.

Would it be a bad idea to try another course? I really don’t want to waste more time and money.

Thanks

If you want to start univereity again and give it a second chance then go for it. There is never an age too old to begin univeristy so take it slowly as you can.

I had anxiety (and probably undiagnosed adhd tbh) but I pushed through against all fears in my head and now I’ve graduated. It’s always worth keeping it an option in your head.

If you’re worried about money as I said there’s never an age too old, take some time to get jobs and expand your skill set. It might even help boost concentration and confidence as well :smile:

Hope this helps
Dom
Anon,

What did you not like about the course?

Do you have an idea of what else you might study?

First year is exciting and it is easy to lose sight of the fact that you do have to work! If you studied again, if would be good to have a better balance between your social life and studies

You could try another course, but do look at how it is assessed and the structure of the programme so that you can see whether it suits you.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending