The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I’m supposed to be travelling to a city to see friends at the weekend- found out it’ll cost me £100 and I don’t have much money spare…but my friend will be upset if I don’t go…should I still go? I’m anxious about telling my parents I’m going bc my mum in particular will be awful about it bc I’m living back home for free after dropping out of uni- I have a job interview tomorrow and should get the job but who knows. I should earn £130 a week at this job and it’s almost an immediate start. Thanks
Reply 1
Would you get mad at a disabled person for not walking when you asked them to walk? Of course not. If you physically cannot pay for something there should be no expectation that you should do it. Seeing friends isn't a one off occasion that you wont be able to do ever again in your life. There will be a point in time where £100 will be afforable and you and your friends will be free.
Reply 2
Original post by ziggy03
Would you get mad at a disabled person for not walking when you asked them to walk? Of course not. If you physically cannot pay for something there should be no expectation that you should do it. Seeing friends isn't a one off occasion that you wont be able to do ever again in your life. There will be a point in time where £100 will be afforable and you and your friends will be free.

That’s fair. I can afford it but it’ll leave me with £100 left over 😬 my friends just been looking forward to this for a long time
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
That’s fair. I can afford it but it’ll leave me with £100 left over 😬 my friends just been looking forward to this for a long time

Money always comes back in the future. Make the memories with the friend if it means a lot to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending