The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Waiting to hear back

Anyone still waiting to hear back from UCLAN? I have applied for a PG course back in July and I have yet to hear back from UCLAN. They say they are very busy but I have applied so long ago that I assumed by now I should have heard back from them. It is a bit frustrating because this is not the only university I have applied to but this is the one I want to get into. Other unis that I have applied to starts as early as next week and I think I will hear back from them before I get anything from UCLAN since they want to push the application process to the last minute. I am in a situaion where I do not know if I should wait for uclan's response or accept any offers from other unis.
I feel for you in this situation. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Would you want to go to a university that treats you this poorly? In this case, past performance will indicate future treatment. As a graduate, the university should be chasing you, providing you have the degree grade required for the course. The university needs bums on seats!
2. Call UCLAN as soon as possible and keep calling so they know you are keen to join them.
3. Do the other universities you have applied to have a better standing nationally? Often, employers look at your qualifications and where you got them from. The more prestigious the university, the more doors open to you. I did my PGCE at Cambridge University and ended up teaching at some prestigious private schools because of it.
4. Time is not on your side. Make a decision quickly, preferably before the end of next week.

Good luck!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone still waiting to hear back from UCLAN? I have applied for a PG course back in July and I have yet to hear back from UCLAN. They say they are very busy but I have applied so long ago that I assumed by now I should have heard back from them. It is a bit frustrating because this is not the only university I have applied to but this is the one I want to get into. Other unis that I have applied to starts as early as next week and I think I will hear back from them before I get anything from UCLAN since they want to push the application process to the last minute. I am in a situaion where I do not know if I should wait for uclan's response or accept any offers from other unis.

Hi there,

I am very sorry to read your message and I would like to look into this for you.

Please could you send us a direct message through one of our social media channels which can be found here. Within your message please could you include your full name, application number, date of birth, course name and some information on when you submitted your application.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending