The Student Room Group

need help deciding career

i am going to apply for uni now but i don't know what i want to be
my predicted grades are a* in physics, a* physcology, a in math and a in biology
i am really interested in physics and want to pursue a career in physics but im not sure what
should i just apply for a degree in physics?
Reply 1
Hi there! Just wondering are you in Y12/13/Finished and waiting for results. I think if your in Y12 then I think you still have time to explore and decide. I think the best thing you can do is maybe attend career fairs? I found them really helpful. The other thing I could recommend is just talking to people and start networking with people whether its through parents or whatever. That's how I decided I wanted to study Computer Science, I just talked to people and a guy described his job and it sounded really cool so I did some research into com science and the modules really interested me. I think the main thing you should focus on tho is that you do something you genuinely enjoy. Hope this helps!
Here is the link to the website of Lancaster University's physics course, which you would be able to get into based on your predicted grades.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest