The Student Room Group

Studying full time and being on ESA + PIP

I have applied for all SAAS funds available to me, and have been awarded in full the relevant student loan and bursury. I am, however, in somewhat of a quandry. I have sourced much information related to this issue, and it seems assured that one is able to study full time, and stay in receipt of their ESA (thus, housing benefit). My extreme worry is, though, that I could hypothetically be sent for a work capability assessment (ESA related), part-way through my course, and given the DWP's infamous reputatation for inaccuracy - be found to be fit for work (given that i'm in a full time college course), then, potentially, lose my ESA + Housing benefit at a time that any potential applications for discretionary or hardship could be made to support such a situation.

I was awarded extension of my SAAS funding specifically on medical grounds - and was notified that it is effectively last chance saloon territory for me regarding support, hence, it is vital that I get things regarding this situation correct, so that I can complete my studies fully and without financial barriers potentially being erected.

I do look forward to hearing any advicethat anyone could offer me.

FYI - I've a lifelong chronic condition, studying for a role that ultimately I will able to work from home at downtimes with my illness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending