The Student Room Group

what criteria to meet Special student support loan

Hey SFE!

I am hoping to study Occupational Therapy at Wrexham University in September. I have applied to SFE and have received written confirmation that I will get the reduced maintenance loan of just over £2,600. I am in the process of applying for the bursary, but struggling to qualify for the dependants allowance, when my partner relies on me financially and an advisor has said that I should qualify. So I am looking closely at my finances to see if its financially viable for me to live on the bursary and the maintenance loan.
However, I was told today that I should qualify for the Special Student Support as I have a mental and physical health condition and claim benefits due to ill health. (im slowly making progress)
I have been told to send a copy digitally to you of my ESA and PIP, with a covering letter, stating that I want to apply for the Special Student Support loan. Is that correct? Is there anything else I should know?
I appreciate any feedback.

Jackie
Original post by jackiilou
Hey SFE!

I am hoping to study Occupational Therapy at Wrexham University in September. I have applied to SFE and have received written confirmation that I will get the reduced maintenance loan of just over £2,600. I am in the process of applying for the bursary, but struggling to qualify for the dependants allowance, when my partner relies on me financially and an advisor has said that I should qualify. So I am looking closely at my finances to see if its financially viable for me to live on the bursary and the maintenance loan.
However, I was told today that I should qualify for the Special Student Support as I have a mental and physical health condition and claim benefits due to ill health. (im slowly making progress)
I have been told to send a copy digitally to you of my ESA and PIP, with a covering letter, stating that I want to apply for the Special Student Support loan. Is that correct? Is there anything else I should know?
I appreciate any feedback.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Just to confirm, is this a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Jackie,

Just to confirm, is this a full-time course?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Yes, it's a full time course
Hi Graeme,

Yes, it's a full time course

Thank you, yes - we'd recommend uploading the evidence you mentioned along with the cover letter. That way, if you're entitled to any more funding like the Special Support Loan the assessors will tell you as soon as possible.

Just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 18 working days, so please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Thank you, yes - we'd recommend uploading the evidence you mentioned along with the cover letter. That way, if you're entitled to any more funding like the Special Support Loan the assessors will tell you as soon as possible.

Just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 18 working days, so please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank-you Graeme for your reply. I have just posted evidence with a covering letter. I'm also in the process of applying for DSA but I don't think there us enough detail from the doctors letter. It only states that I have mental and physical health conditions which require support due to trauma. It doesn't go into the details of how that affects me. So I may need additional information?
Thank-you Graeme for your reply. I have just posted evidence with a covering letter. I'm also in the process of applying for DSA but I don't think there us enough detail from the doctors letter. It only states that I have mental and physical health conditions which require support due to trauma. It doesn't go into the details of how that affects me. So I may need additional information?

If you're unsure about this we'd recommend sending the DSA team an e-mail using the address below. They'll be able to help you further.

Thanks, Graeme

[email protected]
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 6
If you're unsure about this we'd recommend sending the DSA team an e-mail using the address below. They'll be able to help pyou further.

Thanks, Graeme

[email protected]

Thanks Graeme. I sent them an email a few days ago. Hopefully they'll get back yo me soon.
Thanks Graeme. I sent them an email a few days ago. Hopefully they'll get back yo me soon.

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending