The Student Room Group

I have applied 3 weeks ago

Hello, I have applied to SFE 3 weeks ago and sent my PTMN application via post with my pay slips. 2 weeks ago I have sent over my employment letter confirming salary/ hours etc. I have not heard back yet. Would I be paid before Christmas ?
Hi Dagmarap487,

Are you applying as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Dagmarap487
Hello, I have applied to SFE 3 weeks ago and sent my PTMN application via post with my pay slips. 2 weeks ago I have sent over my employment letter confirming salary/ hours etc. I have not heard back yet. Would I be paid before Christmas ?

Hi there,

Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process. What university have you applied for and is this the 1st time you have applied for Student Finance England?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 3
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process. What university have you applied for and is this the 1st time you have applied for Student Finance England?

Thanks, Drew

Yes it is the first time and Open university.

Also I wanted to know will I get my maintenance loan back paid ? As I know you pay out September, January and April ?
Hi there,

Have you provided evidence of a disability that prevents you from attending a brick university as usually you would not get a Maintenance Loan for a course at the Open University.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 5
Hi there,

Have you provided evidence of a disability that prevents you from attending a brick university as usually you would not get a Maintenance Loan for a course at the Open University.

Thanks, Drew

No I have not, as I work full time that was the best option for me - to do it all online. However I live alone - pay rent. My parents are not in the UK and do not help me in anyway
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Dagmarap487,

Are you applying as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks,
Calum

I have a polish passport - so I think so. But I have sent my share code and right to work and study in UK.
I have a polish passport - so I think so. But I have sent my share code and right to work and study in UK.

Hi there,

If you do not have a disability which prevents you from attending a brick university then you will not be eligible for a Maintenance Loan. You can still be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 8
Hi there,

If you do not have a disability which prevents you from attending a brick university then you will not be eligible for a Maintenance Loan. You can still be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew

Hello Drew,

I have severe depression which I take anti depressants for as well as severe anxiety. I can provide a letter from my GP confirming this is why I am doing a distance course. Would SFE need any more evidence as I would need to sort out my student finance as soon as possible?

Thank you
Hello Drew,

I have severe depression which I take anti depressants for as well as severe anxiety. I can provide a letter from my GP confirming this is why I am doing a distance course. Would SFE need any more evidence as I would need to sort out my student finance as soon as possible?

Thank you

Hi there,
If you're applying for a Part Time Maintenance Loan for a Distance Learning course this is the evidence we'd need for you to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan:

Evidence from their GP or a medical professional confirming their disability and how this prevents the student from attending

Evidence of how they support themselves financially - Do they work or claim employment related benefits such as UC/ESA (PIP will not be accepted on its own as this can be received alongside employment)

A day to day impact statement on how their disability affects them.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 10
Hello, I am studying at the open university, I study online as I suffer with severe anxiety and depression which stops me from going into a brick university. What would I need to provide to be able to get my maintance loan ? As I know that they only get paid out when a person attends a brick university. Also could I still apply even if my tutition loan has already been approved? I would appreciate if someone cold help. Thanks, Dagmara
Hello, I am studying at the open university, I study online as I suffer with severe anxiety and depression which stops me from going into a brick university. What would I need to provide to be able to get my maintance loan ? As I know that they only get paid out when a person attends a brick university. Also could I still apply even if my tutition loan has already been approved? I would appreciate if someone cold help. Thanks, Dagmara

Hi there. Yes, you have up to 9 months after the start of your Academic Year to apply for the Maintenance Loan.

We require:

Medical declaration form. This is a form we email you, that would be filled in by your GP . However, you would need to get in touch with us directly for us to send this, as we cannot do this over social media.

Evidence of how you support yourself financially - Do you work or claim employment related benefits? This can be stated in the cover letter and statements provided if available.

A day to day impact statement on how you disability affects you

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending