The Student Room Group

Benefits whilst studying creative writing by distance learning

Hi everybody,

So I am considering creative writing as a undergraduate degree and I may do an accelerated years version. I just wondered whether it would be worth it, since I am on ESA and PIP. Would I still get these benefits if studying online at home? would it be alongside the benefits and maintenance loan or replaced by a maintenance loan? I cannot attend a physical university because I have a disability, and I want to study online because of my disability, and also because I barely leave the house and when I do it is always attended with my mum. Or is it worth it doing A levels online instead first? I need 104 120 UCAS Tariff points and I only have 56 UCAS points from 6 different ASs (I had to leave college twice because of my illness).
Thanks, all.
Hi there. You would need to speak with the benefits office regarding if receiving student finance would affect your entitlement, as it's not something we deal with here.

If you are studying a distance learning course due to a disability, you would only be entitled to the Maintenance Loan if you can provide evidence of this. You would indicate you are distance learning due to a disability on the application, then one of our assessors will send you a medical declaration form to take to your GP and be filled in. Thanks, Leah.
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. You would need to speak with the benefits office regarding if receiving student finance would affect your entitlement, as it's not something we deal with here.
If you are studying a distance learning course due to a disability, you would only be entitled to the Maintenance Loan if you can provide evidence of this. You would indicate you are distance learning due to a disability on the application, then one of our assessors will send you a medical declaration form to take to your GP and be filled in. Thanks, Leah.

Hi, okay, but I do not like speaking on the phone as it causes me a lot of distress. Is there any other way of contacting student finance?
Hi there. You don't need to call us. If you are referring to how the Maintenance Loan will affect your benefits, it's not SFE who deal with this, you would contact the PIP/ESA office. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending