The Student Room Group

Tips need for QR section for UCAT

I'm sitting my ucat exam in 2 weeks and i keep on doing bad in QR no matter how many times i practice i either run out of time but get the correct answer or i just don't understand what it's asking me to work out. I desperately need help
Reply 1
Original post by KKaur1197
I'm sitting my ucat exam in 2 weeks and i keep on doing bad in QR no matter how many times i practice i either run out of time but get the correct answer or i just don't understand what it's asking me to work out. I desperately need help

One thing that has helped me with QR is being brutal with your triage. With most of the questions, you know straight away which formuale you are going to need based on the text so I scan the text/tables and if I don't know what they want within the first 10-15 seconds then I guess, flag and move on. This has helped me cover a lot more questions and then if you have time, you can go back and tackle them later.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835
Read through this thread, there are a lot of useful tips in here
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JadeN92
One thing that has helped me with QR is being brutal with your triage. With most of the questions, you know straight away which formuale you are going to need based on the text so I scan the text/tables and if I don't know what they want within the first 10-15 seconds then I guess, flag and move on. This has helped me cover a lot more questions and then if you have time, you can go back and tackle them later.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835
Read through this thread, there are a lot of useful tips in here

I tried that aswell for example I avoid time or time consuming area sections but even on the questions I know how to do I'm to slow I've been practicing with time and on average out of 17 questions I get 9 or 10 correct
Reply 3

Have you got a numberpad on your keyboard? If you can get one and use one it can speed things up. Also try and practice with their calculator.
Reply 4
Yeah I've been practicing with a keyboard and mouse and the ucat calculator i just learn the shortcuts in the calculator to speed it up and it help especially since I've been writing down lots of number instead of using the memory function all I can do is practice and get better now
Reply 5

omg same i relate so much, i feel like its rlly bad too considering i do alevel maths haha
Reply 6
Original post by ggeezz
omg same i relate so much, i feel like its rlly bad too considering i do alevel maths haha

I was going to do alevel maths and dropped it for psychology but now I've been practicing I've been getting better I just need to improve my timing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending