The Student Room Group

UCAT Studying Log!

(*˘︶˘*) Inspired by a similar thread idea I saw here! --> (UCAT motivation by toothysmile)

Procrastination is my worst enemy right now... Hopefully, this gives me more motivation to pursue my goals!
My Exam Date: 19/09
Diagnostic Mock Exam Score: 2260 Band 2 (˚ㄥ_˚)
Final Score: ???
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Same mine is on 9/09 and i am really struggling with procrastination 🙃 😫
Reply 2
17/07
Original post by Anonymous
Same mine is on 9/09 and i am really struggling with procrastination 🙃 😫

Ahh! Good luck! Let's get through this together ◝(^ꇴ^)◜!!

UPDATE:
(;_;) I regrettably haven't done anything at all today. Procrastination really is soul-sucking.
But at least the day isn't over! I can still be productive and turn things around.

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do a UCAT Mock Exam and confirm which subsections I'm good at!
~ After the mock, get on Medify & try out different strategies to tackle my worst section.
We'll experiment with these techniques over 70Qs.

Let's go!! :h:

Results!
I've decided that I'll do the official UCAT Practice Exams closer to my exam date!
Instead, I tried out Medify's Mock Exams 1 & 2. I scored 2260 Band 2 and 2110 Band 3 respectively. ( ఠ్ఠ‸ఠ్ఠ )
~ My "good" sections are VR and SJT
~ My worst section is DM (´_`;)
I'm feeling quite tired so I only reviewed my DM answers from my mocks, identified what went wrong, and then tried out 5 untimed DM Qs.

Daily Reflection and Ratings:
4/10 (I'm exhausted and disappointed I scored so low)
--> Definitely don't study the UCAT late at night. Fight the revenge bedtime procrastination!!

I think doing 2 mocks in a row doesn't suit me at all.
I could feel my brain protesting as I was doing the 2nd Mock; This was reflected in my score too haha~
NOTE TO SELF. Do not sit the UCAT when tired. Please rest up the day/hours leading up to it.

I'm also surprised that DM is my worst section because I thought I actually did well answering those questions.

What went well?!~ ⋆。°✩
* Well... Sitting 2 mocks for this first intense UCAT study sesh has given me plenty of things to look through tomorrow!
* It was quite interesting finding out how my brain thinks through certain questions.
Eg. in VR, I'd find myself reading the question first, skimming the answer options, skimming the passage/identifying the themes of each passage, and then answering. That was what worked best for me... but I think I'll definitely play about with other techniques before settling down!

--> Lastly, note to self: Don't forget that this is your first go at this and you are so capable of improving! Stay positive! We got this!!
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by enhaluvr
17/07

Ahh! Good luck! Let's get through this together ◝(^ꇴ^)◜!!

UPDATE:
(;_;) I regrettably haven't done anything at all today. Procrastination really is soul-sucking.
But at least the day isn't over! I can still be productive and turn things around.

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do a UCAT Mock Exam and confirm which subsections I'm good at!
~ After the mock, get on Medify & try out different strategies to tackle my worst subsection.
We'll experiment with these techniques over 70Qs.

Let's go!! :h:

Results!
--- (will come back to fill this out)

Reflection:
--- (same as above :smile: !)

My goal for the day was to spend time doing each subsection but ended up spending time with my newborn niece. Tomorrow definitely going to start my revision 🙂
Reply 4
My goal for the day was to spend time doing each subsection but ended up spending time with my newborn niece. Tomorrow definitely going to start my revision 🙂

Ahaha~ We're so similar! That sounds like a very wholesome reason to not start though :h: !! #enhaluvrapproved
I've spent so much time with my family and friends on outings ever since the summer started that I just didn't start on the UCAT yet. :'D
Spending time on each subsection? That's exactly the same goal I've set myself every day this past week but I only brought myself to start properly tonight! ( _ _||| )
I'm cheering you on!! Good luck with starting tomorrow!~ Lemme know how you get on!
Reply 5
18/07

Good morning! (。・∀・)ノ --> We're going to try and start this day off right!

Goals 4 Today!
~ Power through DM question bank! Let's do at least 100Qs today!
~ It's all good and well answering lots of questions but make sure to also understand where you're going wrong!
~ After we've prioritised DM, let's review our answers from the 2 Mocks we did last night :smile:

Deep breaths... We can do this !!

Results!:rave:
~ Wow!? I answered 50 untimed DM Qs from the UCAT official question bank! Then, 17 untimed Medify DM Qs and 33 timed Qs from Medify!
´∇`〕--> That means I completed my goal to do at least 100Qs today! YAY!

Spoiler

~ I think I'll hold off on analysing my answers from those 2 mocks for now!
For now, I want to continue prioritising DM and focussing on the DM question types I do less well on ---> Interpreting Information, Venn Diagrams and Probability !! This may very well be one of the goals for tomorrow!

7/10 (Definitely felt more productive today! I'm proud, and surprised, that I did this much today haha!!)

What went well?!~ ⋆。°✩
* After doing these untimed questions today, I've realised I can actually answer DM questions... I am capable!
--> I just need to implement the right rhythm and techniques!

* I found the following links quite helpful for today's goals.
They helped me identify what strategies I worked well with when attempting different DM question types!
(^▽^) -~- Feel free to check them out too!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/UCAT/comments/pfqxb8/my_dm_tips_for_those_wanting_detailed_strategy/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ApsAhTPZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6axrAk1Bw

---> Lastly, note to self: We are so capable of greatness!! I can tell this UCAT studying journey will be gruelling... but I know deep down that WE WILL SLAY. Believe in yourself! :rose:
(edited 9 months ago)
18/07

Good morning! (。・∀・)ノ --> We're going to try and start this day off right!

Goals 4 Today!
~ Power through DM question bank! Let's do at least 100Qs today!
~ It's all good and well answering lots of questions but make sure to also understand where you're going wrong!
~ After we've prioritised DM, let's review our answers from the 2 Mocks we did last night :smile:

Deep breaths... We can do this !!

Results!

--- (same as above :h: !)

18/07
Decided to start Ucat revision early but ended up help dad's friend with some paper work 🙂
Then went to grocery shopping and cooking
The good news is i sat down to do ucat revision but i ended up doing the virtual work experience (i need WE for the uni as well) 56% done taking a short break after this lets continue with the work experience and do a mock ucat without time.

She is so cute but i held myself back today i was like nope need to do work then going to her house. 😅
Keep it up. We will beat procrastinating. 💓
Reply 8
18/07
Decided to start Ucat revision early but ended up help dad's friend with some paper work 🙂
Then went to grocery shopping and cooking
The good news is i sat down to do ucat revision but i ended up doing the virtual work experience (i need WE for the uni as well) 56% done taking a short break after this lets continue with the work experience and do a mock ucat without time.

She is so cute but i held myself back today i was like nope need to do work then going to her house. 😅

d(๑•◡•) WOWOW! That still seems like a productive day to me~
Ahaha~ you've done more than me for work experience :h: !! What virtual work experience are you doing at the moment, if you don't mind sharing ?!
I'm very behind on getting through my virtual work experience at the moment.
Oh... the joys of being pre-med/pre-dental people. (∩ ⌣̀_⌣́) I'll have to stop procrastinating on that too ~~

Ooo~ How did your untimed mock go as well? Be proud of yourself all the same!!
Your newborn niece and I are cheering you on ! ( ᗒᗨᗕ )
Keep it up. We will beat procrastinating. 💓

How motivating, thank you so much!! I believe we can!!! So... WE SHALL. o(≧ں≦)o We got this!!
d(๑•◡•) WOWOW! That still seems like a productive day to me~
Ahaha~ you've done more than me for work experience :h: !! What virtual work experience are you doing at the moment, if you don't mind sharing ?!
I'm very behind on getting through my virtual work experience at the moment.
Oh... the joys of being pre-med/pre-dental people. (∩ ⌣̀_⌣́) I'll have to stop procrastinating on that too ~~

Ooo~ How did your untimed mock go as well? Be proud of yourself all the same!!
Your newborn niece and I are cheering you on ! ( ᗒᗨᗕ )

How motivating, thank you so much!! I believe we can!!! So... WE SHALL. o(≧ں≦)o We got this!!

Of course not i don't mind we are in the same boat lol. I completed the In2med virtual work experience and had to pay £10 to get the certificate so you are more than welcome to do that it was a quick one compared to the other ones that i am procrastinating 😆 🤣
After i completed that I opened to do the mock but ended up searching for part-time jobs i have applied to couple of jobs lol hope this form of procrastination can get me a job 😆.

Well let's try our best and same goal for tomorrow let's get productive for ucat lol.. are you also using ucat official website? That's useful too.

My niece and i are cheering for you too. 🤗🤗👐
This is kinda fun and motivates me a little to do something to share with you lol so let's keep this up and hopefully we can celebrate the news of getting into med universities as well 😆 🤣
Reply 10
Of course not i don't mind we are in the same boat lol. I completed the In2med virtual work experience and had to pay £10 to get the certificate so you are more than welcome to do that it was a quick one compared to the other ones that i am procrastinating 😆 🤣
After i completed that I opened to do the mock but ended up searching for part-time jobs i have applied to couple of jobs lol hope this form of procrastination can get me a job 😆.

Well let's try our best and same goal for tomorrow let's get productive for ucat lol.. are you also using ucat official website? That's useful too.

My niece and i are cheering for you too. 🤗🤗👐
This is kinda fun and motivates me a little to do something to share with you lol so let's keep this up and hopefully we can celebrate the news of getting into med universities as well 😆 🤣

Oh, thank you so much... In2Med? I'll be sure to check that out!! (•́o•̀✿)
And ahaha~ dw, I'll be here if you ever need someone to overcome procrastination with :h: !!
* I've still got to complete my virtual BSMS and MedicMentor/DentalMentor Work Experience stuff too:
:heart: Here are the links I found them on~ ! ---> https://bsmsoutreach.thinkific.com/ & https://medicmentor.co.uk/virtual-work-experience-programmes/
Also, part-time jobs and searching for them? Still sounds quite productive to me~
(σ≧∀≦)σ You are SO going to get those jobs!! I believe in you~!

And yes, of course! Let's try our best to be super productive for today's UCAT revision as well! <--o(≧ں≦)o !!
For these UCAT study sessions, I plan to use the UCAT official website, Medify and MedEntry!
I might also look into UCAT Ninja & MedicMind if need be; I most likely won't though, as having too many resources/question banks to go through might stress me out in the long run ahaha~ #imightprocrastinatedoingthemall :'D
The UCAT official website is definitely quite useful to me rn though! It's reassuring knowing that I'm looking at the question structures that are most likely going to pop up in the exam !~ (*^▽^)/~How about you? What are you thinking of using for your study sessions ?!

And ah, you and your niece are so sweet~! :rose:
Any responses to this thread are most welcome, and I'm glad we've got each other to help us get through this application process rn!
In the end, I'm hoping we'll get our uni offers and celebrate the news together too! ~ How motivating!! ( ๑>ᴗ<๑ )
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 11
19/07

I'm sorry for posting late today everyone... (◡_◡✿) I procrastinated studying the UCAT again.
But... As per my life motto: "It's never too late to do something." (9`・ω・)9 ~ Let's end today right and make ourselves proud !!

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do a VR & SJT Medify mini-mock to make sure you're still okay with these 2 sections!
~ Learn how to do probability questions properly? Do at least 50Qs worth of Probability Practice !!
(I absolutely suck at probability Qs even though some of these Qs are free marks ◕︵◕. Wish me luck!).
~ Focus on nailing the Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram DM Qs as well !!

~ Run through 10Qs of DM Syllogisms, Logic Puzzles, & Recognising Assumptions to end the day. :h:

Oh my, we have lots to do... But it's okay. I know we've got this in the bag. (ง -_-)ง Q–(’̀-’̀Q ) We're not letting procrastination win today!

Results!
I'm sorry everyone... Procrastination won.(;_;)
~ I only did the SJT Medify mini-mock and no VR or DM revision.

2/10 (I'm feeling slightly disappointed in myself for not actually completing my goals)

Spoiler

What went well?!~ ⋆。°✩
* Um... (i々i)
At least I managed to run through that SJT mock !! :'D
---> I scored a 72%, a Band 2!
* I also read the GMC booklet before doing the mock... It clarified some things. I'm glad I read it !
(Not sure if it would have made a difference to my score as I already knew some things... but I'm still glad I read it ahaha~ I might analyse it in a later study sesh)

Anyways, I'm exhausted... so I'm going to bed now :').

Lastly, note to self --> I think I'll take the goals I've made today and try to finish them tomorrow instead! :smile:
Wish me luck! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)
(edited 9 months ago)
And ahaha~ dw, I'll be here if you ever need someone to overcome procrastination with :h: !!
* I've still got to complete my virtual BSMS and MedicMentor/DentalMentor Work Experience stuff too:
:heart: Here are the links I found them on~ ! ---> https://bsmsoutreach.thinkific.com/ & https://medicmentor.co.uk/virtual-work-experience-programmes/
Also, part-time jobs and searching for them? Still sounds quite productive to me~

And yes, of course! Let's try our best to be super productive for today's UCAT revision as well! <--o(≧ں≦)o !!
For these UCAT study sessions, I plan to use the UCAT official website, Medify and MedEntry!
I might also look into UCAT Ninja & MedicMind if need be; I most likely won't though, as having too many resources/question banks to go through might stress me out in the long run ahaha~ #imightprocrastinatedoingthemall :'D
The UCAT official website is definitely quite useful to me rn though! It's reassuring knowing that I'm looking at the question structures that are most likely going to pop up in the exam !~ (*^▽^)/~How about you? What are you thinking of using for your study sessions ?!

Any responses to this thread are most welcome, and I'm glad we've got each other to help us get through this application process rn!
In the end, I'm hoping we'll get our uni offers and celebrate the news together too! ~ How motivating!! ( ๑>ᴗ<๑ )

Oh thank you. I am cooking right now but i will share you the links for two there virtual work experience that i have on the to do list lol.

Today might have been a little productive i am mostly using the official websit like you said searching different resources is worrying me i am not gonna get through so i am going to finish them and then search for more. I started doing the timed mock today but i only got through first section then my aunt came she need some help and thought how my morning and afternoon went didn't manage to complete the paper. Now i am cooking and my nieces and nephew are coming over for tea so definitely no revision for today lol. 🙃 same goal for tomorrow as well gotta focus on practice questions 😆
19/07

I'm sorry for posting late today everyone... (◡_◡✿) I procrastinated studying the UCAT again.
But... As per my life motto: "It's never too late to do something." (9`・ω・)9 ~ Let's end today right and make ourselves proud !!

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do a VR & SJT Medify mini-mock to make sure you're still okay with these 2 sections!
~ Learn how to do probability questions properly? Do at least 50Qs worth of Probability Practice !!
(I absolutely suck at probability Qs even though some of these Qs are free marks ◕︵◕. Wish me luck!).
~ Focus on nailing the Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram DM Qs as well !!

~ Run through 10Qs of DM Syllogisms, Logic Puzzles, & Recognising Assumptions to end the day. :h:

Oh my, we have lots to do... But it's okay. I know we've got this in the bag. (ง -_-)ง Q–(’̀-’̀Q ) We're not letting procrastination win today!

Results!

--- (same as above :bubbles: !)

Love the motto copying that in my life too 😆 🤣 😂
(*˘︶˘*) Inspired by a similar thread idea I saw here! --> (UCAT motivation by toothysmile)

Procrastination is my worst enemy right now... Hopefully, this gives me more motivation to pursue my goals!
My Exam Date: 21/08
Diagnostic Mock Exam Score: 2260 Band 2 (˚ㄥ_˚)
Final Score: ???

Nice nice!!!

here are links for some more virtual work experience:
https://in2med.co.uk/medicine-work-experience/

https://courses.theaspiringmedics.co.uk/p/medicine-online-work-experience

https://medichut.com/free-medicine-work-experience-programme-2023/

now let's get some sleep lol
Reply 16
Oh thank you. I am cooking right now but i will share you the links for two there virtual work experience that i have on the to do list lol.

Today might have been a little productive i am mostly using the official websit like you said searching different resources is worrying me i am not gonna get through so i am going to finish them and then search for more. I started doing the timed mock today but i only got through first section then my aunt came she need some help and thought how my morning and afternoon went didn't manage to complete the paper. Now i am cooking and my nieces and nephew are coming over for tea so definitely no revision for today lol. 🙃 same goal for tomorrow as well gotta focus on practice questions 😆

Wowow~ヾ(^∇^) Thank you so much~ Any links to work experience are most appreciated here!
Also, I'm proud that you made some progress yesterday with your timed mock ?!
I think getting through the first section of mocks are achievements in themselves ahaha~
And aww... I'm glad you got to spend time with your family too !! I'm sure they simply adore you !?
Love the motto copying that in my life too 😆 🤣 😂

Ahaha !! You're more than welcome to adopt it too! :h:
It's gotten me through plenty of study blocks where I don't do anything for ages~
o(`^´*) Let's do ourselves proud & be productive today together!

Original post by toothysmile
Nice nice!!!

And AHHH!! Welcome to my thread @toothysmile ~ (*´▽`*)
The posts on your thread always give me motivation :rose: Please feel free to talk on here too !!
We'll be here cheering you on (∩˃o˂∩)♡
Reply 17
20/07

I woke up early today to try and get through as much UCAT revision as I can. (σ≧∀≦)σ
Let's complete as many goals as we can today & leave procrastination in the dust !!

Goals 4 Today!
Very similar to yesterday's goals!
~ Do a VR Medify mini-mock to make sure you're still okay with that section! (See what you're doing right!)
~ Learn how to do probability questions properly? Let's do at least 30Qs worth of Probability Practice !!
~ We'll definitely focus on nailing the Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram DM Qs as well !! Let's do untimed Qs & then ease into timed Qs.
~ Run through 10Qs of DM Syllogisms, Logic Puzzles, & Recognising Assumptions once you're feeling satisfied with your progress.

Take a healthy (not lengthy) break & eat lunch too ?!

~ Then gloss over your next worst subsection: AR.
What went wrong during your mocks? Let's dig up some cool techniques to address these problems !

I think that's doable for today, right? ( * ́꒳`*)੭ We CAN do this. Deep breaths... We will overcome procrastination !!

Results!
~ We did the VR mini-mock! Scored 52%, a 600. :O
I then took a long nap and only woke up around 2 hours ago (´・`)
~ Currently in the middle of my Probability practice, only... My dad apparently needs my keyboard and mouse for his work rn.
So instead, I'll try to complete the rest of my goals on the laptop instead !! Wish me luck!

UPDATE: ~ Completed 30Qs of Probability Practice.
~ Decided to just go ahead and do a DM Medify mini-mock instead of everything else. Scored 50%, a 600.
I've decided that I'll attack AR tomorrow instead. :smile:

6/10 (I'm feeling generous to myself rn, so I think I'll watch an episode of that Cdrama I started yesterday. After that, I'll complete the rest of my goals and check in with you all around midnight-1am time :h:)

UPDATE: The Cdrama episode was good. Can someone please tell me how I can get a Duan Jiaxu of mine too? :'/

ヾ(*´ `)ノ Anyways, let's keep up the good work!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 18
21/07

Hi again! A month to go until my UCAT~ ( 。・o・)... How nervewracking?
That also means that there's a month left of the summer holidays before I have to return to school... oh. :'/
Where'd all the time go?

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do as many Medify DM Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram Qs as you can. (At least 100Qs).
~ Do an AR untimed Medify mini-mock! (Let's see how long that takes...)
After that, work on getting the specific AR question types up to speed. Think of it as a game! I mean... They are just patterns?
~ After we've prioritised DM & AR, let's review our QR answers from the 2 Mocks we did on that first night.
(Me and QR are in a hate-hate relationship, wish me luck TxT)

Let's goo~ We got this ! ´・ᴗ・` :h:

Results!
~ Completed 100Qs (a mix of untimed & timed) !
These were mainly the Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram question types... then I got a bit bored and just went on to do heaps of general DM question types.
~ I was 30Qs into the AR untimed unofficial mini-mock when I just decided I had enough.
(There are only so many patterns you can waffle your way through- TxT)
Surprisingly, I answered 15 correctly ?? I can settle with a ~50% for my first time.
~ I've decided that I'm going to review my QR answers tomorrow !!

Hmm...:snoozing: (I love this moving cat emoji thing. It's so cute).
I'm scoring today's study session a 5/10. (Could've gone more productive, could've gone worse).

I bet I'll be back before you can finish replaying the new NewJeans album 100 times.
(You can bet I'll be doing that from now until I come back ahaha~)

UPDATE:
I, in fact, didn't replay the new NewJeans album 100 times... I just ended up editing my Spotify playlists while listening to anything that came on. #productiveprocrastinationmuch?

Anyways, tomorrow I might not get to do as much UCAT studying! I'm going cherry-picking with my family !? :h:

My goals when I return tomorrow will most likely consist of:
* Planning to violently attack QR Qs (not in the "I-will-slay-this-section" way but more of a "What-have-I-gotten-myself-into-&-why-am-I-getting-this-so-wrong??" way)
* Going over my AR results from those first 2 Medify mocks I did :'D

Lastly, note to everyone ---> Remember to drink water and stay positive!! We're in this together !!
(edited 9 months ago)
21/07

Hi again! A month to go until my UCAT~ ( 。・o・)... How nervewracking?
That also means that there's a month left of the summer holidays before I have to return to school... oh. :'/
Where'd all the time go?

Goals 4 Today!
~ Do as many Medify DM Interpreting Information & Venn Diagram Qs as you can. (At least 100Qs).
~ Do an AR untimed Medify mini-mock! (Let's see how long that takes...)
After that, work on getting the specific AR question types up to speed. Think of it as a game! I mean... They are just patterns?
~ After we've prioritised DM & AR, let's review our QR answers from the 2 Mocks we did on that first night.
(Me and QR are in a hate-hate relationship, wish me luck TxT)

Let's goo~ We got this ! ´・ᴗ・` :h:

Results!

--- (same as above :snoozing: !)

I bet I'll be back before you can finish replaying the new NewJeans album 100 times.
(You can bet I'll be doing that from now until I come back ahaha~)

Hey again sorry didn't post anything yesterday i have one of those lazy days where it was only eat and sleep lol. Today was kinda busy trying to do everything except what i need to do 😆 🤣 😂 🙃😶*🌫️ well we still have an hour or so before my baby niece come so I'll try to do some revision before that 😆 🤣 😂 wish me luck.

And good luck with you, you can overtake QR 🖤

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending