The Student Room Group

Should I just do AS levels Maths.

I'm doing three of the A level subjects; Bio, Physics and Chem. My career choice haven't quite gotten the resolution yet. I'm open to a range of different options for now, including Bioengineering. The web tells you that it will require you to have some level of Advanced Statistics and introductory calculus- above all. Will taking AS maths (only) be helpful?
(edited 8 months ago)
The AS maths course does cover some statistics and introductory calculus. It will also be beneficial for the physics course as well as it will aid you with the maths-related content.

To make sure AS maths would be enough, I would look at different universities requirements for a bioengineering course and see if this would be sufficient.

After having a quick look myself, from the few I looked at, it seemed that A-level maths and another science is required. This would mean you would need to do the full 2-year A-level maths course but it might not be the same for all universities.

There is also the options of foundation years where you complete an extra year to ensure you have the required knowledge before starting the degree properly.

But do the a-levels you have the most interest and skill in, if you’re not set on a specific career. There will be plenty of things you can do with the science a-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest