The Student Room Group

Should I drop Maths A Level for Pharmacy?

I want to study pharmacy at uni but I didn't get a good grade in maths in my AS mocks so my predicted will probably be bad too. I do Biology, Chemistry and Sociology with maths so can choose to drop one anyway. I find sociology a lot more interesting than maths and I know ill get a better grade in it so should I just drop maths or should I keep it because it probably looks better on applications even though they only require 2 science subjects
Original post by tsracclol
I want to study pharmacy at uni but I didn't get a good grade in maths in my AS mocks so my predicted will probably be bad too. I do Biology, Chemistry and Sociology with maths so can choose to drop one anyway. I find sociology a lot more interesting than maths and I know ill get a better grade in it so should I just drop maths or should I keep it because it probably looks better on applications even though they only require 2 science subjects

Drop the maths - once you meet entry requirements, it doesnt matter whether you just meet it or exceed it greatly, you just need to meet it
Tough one but unis don’t generally require 4 a levels and dropping one means you have more time for the others and will likely score better (it is all about doing well enough to do what you want to do at the next level)

Unless you love maths and want it for a particular reason then I’d consider dropping it…… if pharmacy doesn’t have a strong maths requirement
Reply 3
I did a level bio chem and psychology. Whilst it might help abit you don’t need to do a level maths for pharmacy it’s similar if not easier than some of the stuff you do in chem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending