The Student Room Group

I’m really stressed about my a level options :(

I was originally going to take chemistry, biology and R.S as I wanted to be a dentist. But now I see no point in chemistry as we do OCR B which is the worst exam board ever :< and I ain’t the smartest person ever so I’m thinking like what’s the point. Maybe I’d be more interested in food technology but then again what if I don’t want to do anything with that. Soooooo now I’m super confused and I can’t even imagine myself being successful in life without chemistry but I just don’t think I can do it as there’s barely any revision resources… ;-; pleeease help mee :<<<<
Original post by Larita1212
I was originally going to take chemistry, biology and R.S as I wanted to be a dentist. But now I see no point in chemistry as we do OCR B which is the worst exam board ever :< and I ain’t the smartest person ever so I’m thinking like what’s the point. Maybe I’d be more interested in food technology but then again what if I don’t want to do anything with that. Soooooo now I’m super confused and I can’t even imagine myself being successful in life without chemistry but I just don’t think I can do it as there’s barely any revision resources… ;-; pleeease help mee :<<<<

What subjects did you enjoy and were good at GCSE? Consider subjects such as psychology, sociology, economics or business - most of these can be taken at A level without having studied them for GCSE.

Dentistry is a very competitive degree and you a probably looking at three As at A level to be considered, with one/two science A levels. Have a look at the Allied Health Professions - often only one science is required:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/
Reply 2
I did german, food technology and geography. I hated geography and German but food I didn't mind so much, although for my final dish I forgot to bring my chicken into school! like the whole meal was centered on chicken haha so my teacher hurried off to sainsburys which was sooo sweet of her. haha anyway I just don't know if I'd be any good but perhaps I could consider it as an AS - aber habe ich keine ahnung
Original post by Larita1212

Maybe see if you can see a careers advisor? Or maybe research jobs similar to the field you were interested in. A lot of people change their A Level options in the first few months so it may be a case of trying it out. I would advise not doing A levels you don't really enjoy as it does make it much harder. I know it's hard but it's probably better to pick A Levels based on your interests and skills than thinking "which A Level will get me the best jobs" (the Gov probably disagree with me saying that but it's true).

Quick Reply

Latest